59

—————Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

—————————Khalid's Condo. 11:00am.

" We're leaving after we get something to eat in the restaurant near by" Mother said as she walked out of her room fully dressed. She wanted to spend lots of hours with her friend and I so wasn't signing up to sit and watch them. I was just going to drop her and find something interesting to do.

There were many things I could do, doing them alone was going to be very pathetic so I was probably going to call up Zarah. " How do I look son?" Mother asked as she looked at herself in the mirror that was in the living room.

" You always look beautiful Mother" I complimented and got up from where I sat. I was wearing three quarter shorts and a body hug, plus my sneakers, casual.

" Thank you son, so let's go" She said and I nodded as we walked out of the condo.

" I really can't wait to see her you know, there's always this amazing sparkle she has in her eyes anytime she's laughing or smiling, she has cute dimples and she's very beautiful, you should see her" Mother said as she got into the car. She couldn't stop talking about her beautiful best friend. " I told you she's also a great cook right?" She added as I got in and started the engine. " Yes you did" I answered with a sigh as I drove out of the garage.

————OSS And Cafe, 11:20am

We found a place to get a nice breakfast very close to where we stayed, OSS and Cafe. Mother ordered Nasi Lamak for us saying it was tasty, it was rice and leaf, with cucumbers and chicken and some weird beans and stew. " You won't regret it, it's nice really" Mother said as we were served.

It was a small cafe, not a flashy restaurant, it had been a while since I sat in a place like this, when I was still in Turkey. " Doesn't this feel familiar, us eating in a place like this?" I asked Mother as we ate and watched her smile." Yeah, back when we were still in Turkey, we always ate out when I was too tired to cook" She answered with a small smile. " I'm really glad we've come this far together you know"

" I am more than glad, we overcame a lot together you know"

" we did, Allah didn't abandon us you know if you think about it" Mother said and my mind traced to what Faryah told me yesterday.

If I needed peace, the only place where I could find definite peace was with Allah.

I've been thinking about it, my mind has been wrapped around that particular statement of hers and I saw sense it.

No one else deserved all the worship and praises in this world but the person who shaped us and gave us life. We had to be thankful to him.

" Mother why did you really convert to Christianity?" I asked as I ate more. " You would have tried to convince Brandon like Faryah tried to do with me" I added and she nodded.

" I tried as well, when I met Brandon, I knew he was going to be the one that was going to help us live a comfortable life and we needed help so I accepted to marry him for our sake, I loved him you know, I still love him and he wanted a church wedding, so I couldn't decline, I gave it to him, I tried to make him see things the right way but then he always pushed the topic away" She answered and I sighed. She really sacrificed a lot for me. Mothers were rare gems honestly.