6.

-----------------Los Angeles, California.

---------------------- three days later, Olyster textiles.

I had lots of meetings to attend to, Brandon was out of town in a meeting with our investors. I had already spent four hours in the office and I needed a break. I dialled my secretary and waited for her to come in. " Yes sir" she said as she walked in. " Uhmm can you order me a beef burger and fries, with a large milk smoothie from the nearby eatery?" I asked and she nodded and walked out. I still had a lot to do, I had contracts to go through and sign.

There was a soft knock on the door and it could possibly be Ethan or my secretary. " Come on in" I answered, not taking my eyes off the contract I was reading as I twirled a pen in my hand. I heard the clicking of heels and took my eyes off the piece of paper to see who it was. " It's been a month Khalid" she said as she stood to look at me. She was in white stilettos and white skinny office pants with a high low, black, long sleeved shirt. Her black side bag hung on her right shoulder. Her hair was curled as usual and the butterfly necklace I gave her still hung gracefully on her neck. She was wearing little make up today. She was very beautiful, she was the love of my life, my reason for living. I slowly got up from my seat and walked over to her, I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to tell her. " Here, have a seat" I said as I showed her to my couch and sat beside her. " I missed you so much" she burst into tears as she hugged me tight. I didn't know how to respond, deep down in me I felt this was wrong, but I didn't know why it was. I hugged her back and patted her hair as she cried on my blazer.

" Those 31 days without you were unbearable Khalid" she sobbed as she slid out of the hug. " I.." I started but she cut me off as she placed her middle finger on my lips. I noticed the ruby ring I got for her on her middle finger. She was wearing it, I left it there at the garden that night. She was going to marry me, Oh my God. " You're wearing the ring?" I asked and watched her nod. " Being away from you for so long and not hearing a word from you almost made me go crazy, I couldn't bear it" she said as she held my face in her palms. " Khalid I love you so very much and thank you for making me realise that I am nothing without you, Thank you so much" She said as she kissed me lightly. I missed the peachy taste of lips. It was always so good. " Khalid I am willing to settle down with you now" Why did this have to happen now?. Why?. Her face was brimming with joy, I couldn't let this opportunity get by me. " Ella.." I started but she cut me off. " I'm sorry for taking long to realise this my love, forgive me okay" She said as she placed her soft hands on my cheek. I couldn't tell her about Faryah, I couldn't bring myself to tell her. I pulled her into a warm hug, I didn't want to let her go. " We'll get married" I said as I patted her curly hair. I felt as she hugged me tighter. I needed to talk to grandpa as soon as I could. " I couldn't stop thinking about you Ella" I said as she sat in my arms. " I couldn't even work properly" she said as she intertwined our hands. " You want to watch a movie tonight?, at my place?” she added. I wanted that more than anything. " Of course" I answered and kissed her forehead.

I watched her smile and we sat together in  comfortable silence. " I have patients to attend to later, I'll see you at my place" she said as she got up from my side. I got up with her and followed her to the door. " I'll see you later okay" I said and kissed her forehead. " Bye" She said and walked away from me. I was in very big trouble. " Sir, your lunch is here" My secretary said as she opened my door. Good, I needed food. " Thank you" I said as she dropped my junk food on my desk. I needed to get back to work. I had to distract myself for now, I really needed to figure out how to tell Pamela about Faryah.

-----------------Los Angeles, California

----------------------Same day( Olyster residence)