Chapter 11

I woke up around 7 am with percy snoring on the bed. I had somehow fell asleep in front of the door and I think at one point someone tried opening the door because I had a wind partially wedged under the door.... and now that I'm thinking about it it's really beginning to hurt a lot.the door creaked as I pulled my wing away and percy sat up and smiled a groggy morning smile. we walked out to the dinning room and there sat everyone around the table. something was off. everyone seemed to know something. but I pushed that though away because everything was just going my way.
After some toast percy wouldn't touch anything so we moved out to the deck to take our turn on duty.
It seemed fine so percy and I sat by the post while playing cat's cradle, which took forever to explain to percy.we joked and sense it was really fine all day we just stayed up on the deck. but there was something eerie about the silence. like the peaceful quiet before a terrible storm. in this case, it was much over due and it was just arriving.
I watched as the winds slowly increased and Leo came up ,not overly worried but just taking precautions, and said "um you guys wanna help me with the sails it's getting a little windy".
Suddenly the winds were whipping the sails loose of our control and Leo percy and I struggled to stay onboard. then the monsters came, flocking the Argo II. I was dragged around the boat as percy got farther away from me and then he yelled.
I whipped around watching at the talons of a monster swiped across his chest.
I felt the pain.
The searing, ripping, agonizing pain.
The warmth of the blood as it slowly drains from him to his shirt.
The dizziness as I fell from the post, having no control over my body, but just mirroring the pain that percy was experiencing.

I had failed

This was why I was here, to save him from dying like this.

And I had failed.