"I feel like that wasn't a question. Just don't drop me, I'm delicate."

Harry laughed and instructed Draco to sit on "his" counter so that it would be easier to get onto Harry's back. Not being able to see, and feeling Harry's body pressed against his felt raw, and extremely intimate. He needed to keep it together.

As they went outside, Harry was narrating exactly what was happening to Draco, trying to keep him at ease.

"Hey Scarhead?"

"Yes Prince?"

"Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow?"

"I thought you were spending your birthday with Zabini and Parkinson?"

"I am, but I was told I could extend the invitation for dinner to you if you wanted to come."

"I'll think about it, but I really don't want to intrude. I hope this is sufficient enough to make up for my probable absence."

Gently, Harry helped Draco down.

"This next part is a bit trickier. Do you trust me?", Harry asked suddenly.

Draco snickered and held out his arm for Harry to take.

"What is this, Aladdin? It wouldn't surprise me if you had a bloody magic carpet."

"If you wanted one I'm sure I could find one for you."

Draco's laugh filled the night air, and Harry couldn't help but stare.

"You didn't leave me, did you Potter?"

"Still hear Prince, just getting things set up. It's 11:55 so I have a few minutes to get this perfect."

Harry had taken Draco out to the pond on the property, and they were going to be getting into a small boat together. That's why Harry needed to be extra careful.

After settling everything into the boat, Harry got in, and then got into position to help Draco in.

"Okay, balance is extremely important for this part. I'm going to grab you by the waist and move you okay?"

"This is absolutely terrifying for me, I hope you know that Potter. My trust does not come easily, and you, a bloody Gryffindor, have me blindfolded with no one around where you could very well murder me."

"And deprive the world of its undiscovered eighth wonder? Never."

As Draco relaxed after the joke, Harry carefully brought him into the boat.

"Potter, why the hell are we rocking? Are we in a boat?"

"We are", Harry confirmed.

Currently, he was rowing them out to the middle of the pond, keeping a careful eye on Draco to be sure he was safe. Once they were into position, Harry checked the time. 11:58.

"I'm going to take the blindfold off, but keep your eyes closed okay?"

"Okay."

If Draco hadn't known he was in a boat he would've been tapping his leg like crazy. As Draco was wondering what to expect, Harry had set two lanterns on the seat in front of him, and had pulled out the small cake he had baked and decorated for Draco earlier in the day. At 11:59, Harry placed the candles into the cake and lit them. Keeping an eye on the Tempus charm he had cast, his timing was perfect.

"Happy birthday Draco."

When Draco opened his eyes, it was to see Harry's face shielded by a camera, but illuminated by two lanterns, and candles. He gasped when he saw the surrounding area.

The trees were decorated with twinkling lights. The night sky was crystal clear, not a cloud in sight. It was absolutely breathtaking, and Draco felt tears burning in his eyes.

"I can't believe you did all of this for me. Thank you Harry. Really."

No one had ever gone to such a great length for Draco because they simply wanted to. Harry quietly sang happy birthday to Draco, and when it came time for Draco to make a wish, he knew exactly what he wanted to wish for. Many more moments, exactly like this, with Harry.

"Are you ready for the lanterns now?"

Draco was, after taking many pictures, ready. He watched in awe as the lanterns floated up into the sky.

"And they're not magic?"

"No, they're not. But they're as close as Muggles can get."

Next, they moved onto the cake.

"This is almost too beautiful to eat. I don't even know how to express my gratitude."

The cake had "Prince" written beautifully inside of a drawing of a crown.

"You don't have to. You haven't stopped smiling since you opened your eyes. That's enough for me."

"I just can't believe you would do something like this for someone like me."

"You're worth every moment I spent preparing this. I mean that. It gave me something to do, and I had fun with it."

"I have to buy you a whole island now to compete", Draco joked.

"You don't-"

"Obviously I'm celebrating with you as well. Why do you get to have all of the fun? I don't know what you usually do though."

"July 30th is Neville's birthday so I spend that with him. Might be a thing at The Burrow."

"If you want, I'll go to The Burrow with you? It's your choice obviously. The Weasel and Granger are still in Australia then?"

"Mione says they're making great progress. I don't know if they'll be back for my birthday though. No big deal."

"It's a big deal to me. We'll celebrate, I promise."

"For now, let's just enjoy your birthday yeah?"

The two talked for hours out on the pond, laughing and looking up at the stars. Draco pointed out all of the constellations that he knew, and Harry committed them to memory as best as he could.

As soon as they were on land, Draco tackled Harry to the ground in a big hug, kissing both of his cheeks.

"This is one of the best days of my life. Thank you Harry, sincerely. This means more to me than you'll ever know."

Harry felt the same way about Draco's surprising burst of affection. For the first time in a long while, Harry Potter felt a flicker of hope that maybe, just maybe, he could be happy and everything would be okay in the end.