Chapter 19 | I'm Ashamed To Be Friends With Y'all

Começar do início

"Please try to see it from our point of view as your parents. You were in the hospital again, your siblings were so worried and so were we. We made a decision based on the circumstances at that time." My mom says, looking close to tears.

I sigh, looking up at the ceiling. "Yeah, I know. I just wish y'all would have just told me the truth upfront."

"We just wanted you to be okay." My dad says. "That's all we ever want for you Emma." 

I nod, feeling a lump in my throat. "I'm sorry I left like I did yesterday." 

"We love you so much Emma." My dad says with a small smile. 

I return his smile with one of my own and the tension disappears.

"I'm sorry." I repeat, reaching over to hug him, then hugging my mom after. She holds me tight, and I smile softly.

They smile before leaving, letting me be alone, and I lay back down, giving my head some relief.

It doesn't last long because Jake enters my room with Travis, Austin, and Dwight.

"Emma my love! I heard you went and had a wild night without me!" Austin yells out when he sees me.

"Do you really have to yell?" I ask frustratedly. It's not that I'm unhappy to see them...I just want some peace.

"Damn...you must be really hungover because I always yell." Austin says walking right up to my bed and making himself at home. He sits down at the end of my bed facing me.

"Hey Em." I hear Dwight say as he sits down next to me.

"Hey--what's that look for?" I ask confused. He was giving me the look. I glance over at Travis and see him trying to cover up his laugh with a cough.

"Okay, does someone want to tell me what's going on?" I ask, getting annoyed.

"I don't know if you want to know." Dwight says grinning.

"Where do I start? With the fact that you felt up Dwight or the fact that you thought you lost your parked car, then hugged it." Travis says.

"Or maybe when you literally fell out of the car when y'all got back." Jake finishes.

"Can't forget the crowd you had gathered while you were throwing back shots." Dwight says, laughing.

My mouth opens then closes.

Just how much did I have to drink?

"Wait, wait, y'all are telling me all of this happened to her and none of you thought to record it?" Austin says incredulously looking at the guys as if they were dumb.

"Well we-" Travis starts but Austin cuts him off.

"I'm ashamed to be friends with y'all." He scoffs, rolling his eyes.

I let out a sigh of relief, I'm glad none of that was recorded, that's so embarrassing.

"I'm so sorry Dwight." I say apologizing for drunk Emma.

"It's okay Em. We all knew that was how you felt for Dwight anyways." Austin says, causing me to glare at him while the others laugh.

"Austin I'm about to shove you off that balcony." I say, threatening him while pointing towards the balcony.

"Why are y'all here anyway?" I finally ask.

"Well, someone got drunk last night so we had to drive your car back here and ended up taking Jake's truck to go home, so we had to bring it back." Travis explains.