A whirlwind romance. Chapter 9

When she opened them again, the sun was setting. She sat up, and looked at it for a moment then turned around.

“Luke. Shouldn't we be going? The sun is setting,”

Luke sat up, looked for a moment at the sun, and then turned towards Anna.

“Already? It seem as though we've only been here five minutes.” he smiled at her, and then stroked her cheek.

Anna could feel herself falling into a dream. How did Luke do it?

She opened her eyes,a bit more serious now.

“Luke, we need to go. It's the dinner dance tonight! We're going to be late!”

“Anna,calm down. There's nothing wrong with being late.” he tried to make her smile but could see that she was serious.

They both stood up and brushed themselves off. Luke grabbed Anna's hand and pulled her near.

“Anna,can I have another one for good luck?” he smiled.

Anna couldn't help but smile. Here she is with the most handsome boy in her village and he wanted to kiss her, and she wasn't going to say no for the world.

Luke pulled her closer, they're lips touched and it was like fireworks exploding inside them.

“Anna... Anna. I think we should just breathe for two minutes.” Luke said smiling and pulling away.

“Ok...” she smiled to him. “We should go, or we're going to miss it all together.”

They walked down the field and down the lane. Anna was holding Luke's hand, she felt like the luckiest girl alive and she didn't want it to end. They finally made it back to her house. Anna opened the front door, turned around to say bye to Luke. He took hold of her hands.

“Luke, do you think we should hold hands here, I mean, Paul might be here.”

Luke knew what Anna meant. She was scared of him, but if that was what she wanted, then he would do it.

“Ok Anna.” he said smiling. “But you do know that he will find out sooner or later,”

“I know Luke, but can we cross that bridge when we come to it? Please.”

Smiling. “Yes, of course. Right, so I'll see you a bit later on, in the town hall.”

Looking down, Anna replied “Yes.”

Luke turned around, but Anna couldn't resist.

“Luke!” she ran up to him, put her arms around his neck and kissed him.

After she managed to pull herself away. She said, grinning. “I'm sorry Luke, I couldn't help myself.”

He smiled at her. “I'll see you in a bit.” he walked off.

Anna waited until he had disappeared before she went inside to get ready. She felt like she was walking on sunshine.

********************************************************************************************

Luke was trembling with excitement. He and Anna had spent all day together, and they had kissed. His thoughts were going around his head like a whirlwind. He was with the girl of his dreams. He loved her and she loved him.

“Oh hello Luke. How nice to see you again.” it was Paul.

Luke wasn't scared. He knew what Paul was like now.

“Hello Paul. How are you?” trying to sound as convincing as possible.

“Well you see Luke, I'm not very happy.” he said walking towards him.