Chapter 3 - Professor Snape

The following morning, Severus woke early and traveled to Hogwarts, stepping boldly into the next chapter of his life as he started his teaching career.

Classes started in one week so Severus, along with all of the other Hogwarts faculty, had just enough time to prepare.

Upon his arrival, Severus was shown to his classroom, which was located in the dungeon, and his new living quarters, which were not far from his classroom.

At least Severus's bedroom had a window, he liked that.

Severus was also given access to the vast pantry of ingredients that all of the previous potions masters at Hogwarts had utilized.

Severus was not surprised when he was informed that it would be up to him to keep those supplies stocked.

Severus had figured that would be part of his duties........

Once Severus had his classroom set up, his luggage unpacked, and his living space arranged, he began to prepare lesson plans and make decisions about his own research.

There were certainly plenty of tasks to fill Severus's time as that week rolled past.

Still, though, even with his busy schedule, Lily was never absent from Severus's thoughts.

Besides, all of this was really for her.

Severus had no wealth, no loving family, no reliable friends.........

Death Eaters would ultimately be loyal to Voldemort, not each other, after all.

Lily, and the future that a life with her offered, was what Severus and who Severus was clinging to.

—————————————————————

"I still don't understand why you're going back there. Haven't you learned enough magic tricks?" Petunia snapped while Lily gathered her trunk and bags on the morning she departed for Hogwarts.

"I already told you, it's the same thing as if I were pursuing my masters at University." Lily explained to her sister patiently. "I don't see why you're upset, Petunia, this just means I'll be out of your way."

"Are you going to see that awful boy again?" Petunia scowled.

"What boy?" Lily blinked.

Lily had many friends, male and female, and Petunia hated all of them, so it was difficult for Lily to know who Petunia was referring to.

"The tall one, skinny, black hair.......you know, the one you played with when we were children." Petunia spat, furrowing her brow at Lily. "I thought I saw him again the other night, just outside our house."

"Yes." Lily nodded. "I'll probably see 'that awful boy' again. I expect to see a good many of my friends again, actually."

Lily didn't say anything else but she and Petunia exchanged a look.

Petunia frowned.

Lily didn't even hint at such a thing verbally, but the look the two sisters shared gave Petunia the idea that maybe Lily didn't think of that awful boy as only a friend..........

"Well, I think he's ugly." Petunia snorted.

"Well, my dear sister, Vernon is no film star himself, is he? And you still see him.......Alright, I'm off! See you at Christmas, then!" Lily said to Petunia, waving to her before she left the room and went downstairs to tell their parents goodbye.

The sneer on Petunia's face was nearly disfiguring.

But Lily had a point..............

—————————————————————