"Forget it." Cristina mumbles as Eve's pager rings signaling that she has to leave.

...

"Good Morning dr. Sloan." Eve greets with a warm smile grabbing a chart from the nurse station.

"Dr. Lee." Is all he says back not even glancing at her.

Thus makes Eve halt in her move.  Dr. Lee?

"Are you alright?" Eve asks quietly looking w the man concerned who just sighs.

He closes the chart before turning to her giving the brunette a small very fake smile. "I'm great." He sarcastically says before rolling his eyes walking away.

He does feel slightly bad for being that way with her but not today. Today he can't make himself care. It hurts too much.

Eve sighs sadly. Definitely not great. Definitely hurting.

...

Eve walks out of her patients room before quickly being joined by an eager Callie who grips her arm and pulls the brunette in a quiet corner startling the brunette.

"Wha-"

"You know Shepherd well right? I mean you almost always work with him." Callie asks making Eve look at her amused.

The corners of her lips tug up nodding. "Yeah... I guess I know him well... I mean he is sleeping with my best friend." She shrugs raising her brows.

Callie stares at her weirdly for a second. "Right... what's the best way to get him to do something?" She asks quietly.

Eve looks suspiciously at her friend. "What kind of something?" She asks slowly.

"A consult that the patient hasn't requested but that the friendly neighborhood ortho thinks is worth pursuing." Callie explains handing Eve the charts from the girl they saw this morning.

"Hmhm Heather..." she mumbles guiltily before handing Callie back the charts putting her hands in her coat pockets.

"Shepherd thinks he's busier and more important than everyone else." Eve starts making Callie nod understandingly.

"Standard neurosurgeon breed." She Stress making Eve hold. If she really pursues becoming a neurosurgeon she really hopes people at snot gonna say the same about her. Not that plastics would give her a better image.

"So..." Callie starts.

"So he'll say no until you stare him down." Eve explains staring at Callie intensely.

"Stare him down?" Callie asks feeling slightly disgruntled by Eve sudden stare.

Slowly the small brunette nods. "Stare him down." She whispers.

Callie laughs before realizing Eve is being serious. Her eyes try to avoid Eve's intense stare. "Staring." Eve whispers raising a brow for emphasis.

Giving Eve one last weirded out look she quickly leave the brunette who in return stars smirking. 

"Yeah... stare him down." She whispers to herself.

...

The next day Eve is standing at the nurse station laughing at Tyler's story nodding along when their attention is pulled away by a yelling mark.

"What the hell is this Karev? Vanilla? Are you trying to poison me? Or are you just trying to make my day a little bit worse?" He yells making Eve furrow her brows. What's up with him? Yesterday he was so quiet even when she walked past him not comment or anything. She's worried