12

The days after the bombing were just a mess.

When Meredith got back she's been sleeping in Eve's room. Johnny was very understanding about it. To think that both of them could've died is just horrible. 

Johnny is standing at the nurse station biting his lip and pacing. He still hasn't seen Eve. He knew she went into surgery on baileys husband and Shepherd wasn't to be seen so he had the strong feeling Shepherd continued operating.

"Come on Eve...where are you." He mumbles nervously.

Everything and everyone in the hospital was a mess. Code black never happens. Usually it's just practice but it never really happens. 

After what felt like years he finally sees her walking down with a showered Meredith and Cristina and izzie behind her. 

When he sees her he couldn't hold back his tears as he runs up to her the woman doing the same. Running toward him jumping into his arms holding as tightly as she could. 

"You're okay." Johnny whispers gripping the back of her head kissing her temple not letting go.

"I'm okay... you're too. We're okay." Eve whispers the adrenaline of being on the same floor as a bomb finally leaving her exhausted.

Her and Cristina wanted to stay with Meredith as much as they could. It almost seemed as if she was ready to die. But they managed to keep the blonde calm before being forced to leave.

"I love you. Don't you ever do that again okay?" He whispers still not opening his eyes.

He feels her nod quickly sniffling. "I won't I won't I promise."

The first night she was with him obviously. The second night he had to work longer that's when Meredith stepped in quietly.

Eve wakes up with a jolt looking at the door. "Mer?" She asks whispering mind still groggy. 

"I-" before she could continues Eve scooted over patting the other side of the bed.

"Come in." She whispers turning to sleep again feeling the bed dip behind her.

"You okay?" The brunette asks once the shifting stopped. "Hmhm" is the only words she gets out of her.

And in addition to that Bailey even went into labor. So yes it was a huge mess.

...

The ringing of her alarm rips Eve out of her sleep. Johnny mumbles something pulling her closer to him when she tries to reach over to turn the alarm off. 

She huffs before glancing at her alarm before her eyes widen. "Oh god!" She yells trying to get up but her legs get tangled in the bed sheets making her fall into the floor.

"Ouch." Is all she says laying there for a second. 

"You okay?" Johnny asks slightly leaning up opening one eye trying to glance at his girlfriend. 

She quickly scrambles up starting to run around the room to get dressed. "I'm good. Almost late but pretty good." She rushes out grabbing her bag putting all her stuff in before walking over to the bed kissing Johnny goodbye.

...

Eve rushes out of her car in the middle of Seattle rushing into the random coffee shop. It wasn't even her favourite one but today she was late so she had to take what she could get. 

Luckily it was almost empty. She ordered a sugary donut and a caramel coffee with extra sugar and sweetener. 

Just as she's about to walk towards her car searching for her keys while holding the donut with one finger and the coffee with the rest she suddenly crushes into a wall making her tumble back and spill all her coffee on her shirt and the strangers and drop the donut on the floor.