24

„Preston Burke. Post-op day one from an I and D of a compressive hematoma to the brachoplexus. He is afebrile and vital signs are stable over night. His incisions are clean with not signs of infection. Last morphine was given at 2 this morning." Eve presents being proud of herself for not having to look at the chart.

Without warning she's harshly pinched by her arm, making her let out a little squeak pulling all eyes on her.

„I apologize..." she whispers with a red face before turning to Cristina was a harsh look.

„Ask about the hand." Cristina whispers nodding her head toward Burke who's watching with interest not paying attention to what is being said.

„Ask him yourself. You're a big girl." Eve whispers back, smirking at Cristina raising her brows before quickly turning back around.

„It's just one question..." 

„Dr. Yang, something you want to share with the rest of us? Bailey asks sarcastically pursing her lips.

Cristina quickly shakes her head and takes a step back. 

„No ma'am. Sorry." 

Derek smiles at Burke. „Looks good, Preston. Take it easy on the nurses." he jokes before handing Eve the chart who's on his service today.

...

Eve jogs over to the lab tech handing him the file with a bright smile.

„Hey Chris could you run these labs for me please?"

The lab tech smiles warmly back at her  nodding „sure thing Eve give me a sec." before turning away.

Eve starts humming a song turning around only to see Cristina and Meredith look at her shocked.

She comes closer raising a confused brow. „And you're staring because..."

„Why is he so nice to you? He gave me an attitude. He always gives us an attitude." Cristina grunts crossing her arms across her chest.

Eve gives her a smirk. „Cristina honey it's because I'm nice and say please." she chuckles patting the Koran's back before turning to her blonde friend.

„Hey Mer you alright? The whole dad thing's still messing with you huh?" Eve gives her a comforting look.

Meredith huffs. No point in hiding from Eve... she notices immediately.

„I just wish that the baby would get well and go home and thatcher would go with her. Is that wrong?" Meredith asks desperately looking at Cristina and Eve for help.

Eve frowns putting her hands on her hips shaking her head simultaneously with Cristina who shrugs.

„Wrong would be if you wished the baby wouldn't get well." she says making Eve nod in agreement.

„Yeah definitely for that you would go to hell." she add nodding making Cristina wiggle a agreeing finger at her.

„Okay. Good. Thanks." Meredith nods rubbing her hands together nervously. Her dad being here really isn't a good thing.

„you know if you wanted to thank me, you could ask Derek if Burke has had any tremors." Cristina tells her giving them an innocent look making Eve sigh. 

"You are so stubborn..." she mumbles making Cristina give her a raised brow.

"Talk to him!" Meredith sighs exhausted.

Cristina rolls her eyes crossing her arms defensively. "No, cause then he wins."

Eve furrows her brows. "Wins what exactly?"