22

Eve is sitting next to George who's looking through his father's chart. 

She hasn't left his side since last night and George couldn't be more appreciative of that. She even stayed the night in his room not wanting him to feel alone.

Suddenly Meredith barges into the locker room a bright smile on her face.

"Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore, well aside from Eve, cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. Hey Eve I might even takes your place as happiest intern. And that's  okay cause life is good. Life is good. What's going on?" She asks confused finally noticing that no one's really paying attention to her.

"George's dad was admitted last night." Izzie says having her hand on his shoulder.

Meredith's face falls. "Oh my god, Is he okay?" She asks coming closer to him.

George nods. "He's fine." He mumbles still reading through the chart.

"He passed out, hit the floor and fractured his clavicle." Izzie informs.

"His clavicle is fine. Callie said... she said it's fine." He mumbles monotonously.

"Are those his AM labs?" Meredith asks tilting her head slightly.

"Complaining of severe abdominal pain." Alex says from his place leaning against the lockers.

"He doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good." Cristinas ads. 

Eve and George actually quickly went through the chart yesterday. Just a quick check up before Bailey ushered them away. 

It didn't seem like something horrible... but who knows. Randomly passing out is never a great sign. 

Suddenly the door burst open with Bailey walking through.

"Has anybody seen..." she starts but stops seeing a George holding probably the thing she was looking for.

"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?" She asks sarcastically holding her hand out for the chart.

George quickly nods handing her the chart.

"Sure. Fine. He's going to be fine." He mumbles repeatedly. 

"You're on SCUT today. You'll be distracted." Bailey orders ignoring his protests.

"No I won't..."

"Family members do not treat family members. SCUT." She says more clearly.

Cristina then gets up. "I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with dr. Burke this morning." Eve furrows her brows. That's the 3rd time in a row. Is Cristina working anywhere else? 

Bailey rolls her eyes. "Of course you are. Karev, Sloan. Grey, pit. Lee discharge. Stephens shadow Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation."

Alex sighs straightening his back. "I think she knows the rules Dr. Bailey." But she ignores him.

"No touching patients, no talking to patients, no rolling your eyes at patients... or your superiors." She clears up.

...

Eve yawns while signing another discharge paper. It's a pretty quiet day. Not that she doesn't appreciate it. But is too calm. 

"Ah Lynn finally something that makes me smile about today." Mark Sloan grins walking up to the bored brunette who sighs in relief.

"Good Morning to you too dr. Sloan." She smiles but frowns looking behind him.