•••

Ali woke up in the medbay with no memories of what happened in the mission. Glancing around, he found the agents that he was with in the mission occupying the other beds-- meaning they got hurt and the chances that he did that--IRIS did that to them pained him.

His head is pounding like crazy and his sight is blurry but he pushed himself to stand and at least get close to the other agents, they eyed him silently, sighing after sometime as Ali finally managed to reach the end of their beds.

The said boy was covered in bandage and he looks more injured than them, though he was the one who injured them they can't blame him for it, the poor boy have a lot on his plate and they knew that he might be the agent who spend most of his time in the medbay.

They look at him with sympathy as he manage to quietly apologize to them. They sighed again and told him it was fine and it was not his fault, and maybe he should go back to his bed and take a rest considering that he just woke up from straight three days unconsciousness .

He was shocked of course but when his eyes flickered to a sleeping Alicia in the further side of the room he stubbornly refused to go back to his bed, instead he called Khai's name in glee when he spotted the fellow tekno agent that is visiting him. In the end, after Khai managed to guide him to Alicia's bed,  Khai was forced to go back later.

Alicia was badly hurt and he was afraid to look at her status to know if she was okay because she is certainly not and he knew that if Alicia was hurt there is no other reason behind it but him.

It's always him and he hates it. Being his partner, Alicia got his back as he did to hers but in terms of IRIS he felt like a backstabbing friend because every single time Alicia would risk getting hurt to bring him back. He was thankful but he found himself unworthy of Alicia's actions so he decided to give IRIS back to his mentor for a while until he was ready to face and fight it again.

In that long month, Alicia and him focused on healing and training, studying at the end of the day or sometimes go out for a walk. While Alicia attends to her neuro training, he was getting check ups,  counseling and participating on analyzing and scanning the informations IRIS contained or IRIS itself. That long month without his father knowing, and not attending school--he have Alicia as a teacher in the end of the day anyway since Alicia went to school after she recovered.

•••

" I told you for a million times already, I'm fine " Alicia replied.

" Yeah and I told you I feel bad about it "

" You're thinking about it too much that's why you need a break "

" You are pushing it too much I think YOU need a break besides doesn't the previous month counted as a break? "

" What's that suppos---"

" How about we all take a break? " Agent Rizwan coming out from nowhere replied as he drag them in the briefing room.

Surely he'll talk to the general about going to Hawaii and he knew it'll get approved though he have to babysit the two young agents for that.

•••

Override was activated again and the agents couldn't pray less about bringing Ali back. Luckily, the mission was a success though Ali snapped when Alicia fainted after being slammed to a debris couple of times. Agents on the scene took action while waiting for back up, almost all of the agents of MATA fought with Ali--no it is IRIS.