9

I didn't sleep or eat all day we were at the air port waiting for his girlfriend and her daughter we waited I just felt this pit in my stomach. "You ok nervous about meeting my partner or" "no dad I'm fine" "Mai" he stares "I know you've broken up with Noah" "what" I back up "I sort of guessed when you had blood short eyes and well smudged lipstick" "well I was confused I just thought" "I kissed Asami" I blurt "oh" he sits there for a long time.

"She's nice" "If your dating than that's" "no it's not that dad" I sigh "I cheated and then I realised Noah and I have nothing in common I keep thinking we like the band and that's it" "me and Asami we like poetry and making fun of drunk people and  music" "I like watching her play basketball while she listens to me singing her and my new friends are the first people I've had in a long time" "and I'm scared if I open myself up to her I'll loose everting they know mum is dead" "when I" "I'm scared" "I'm so sorry for putting this on you" I hug him tightly.

"Hey" "I'm your dad what I am for if I didn't do this" "true" I laugh. "Kid you'll like this holiday it will help you overcome anything but if your bi or pan gay and I don't know any other ones i may be a social worker and down with the kids but you know" "and Asami is a good person I can see that from a mile" he smiles.

"Love" he says as I stare at these prefect blonde goddess with tanned skin I stare feeling aware I'm not dressed up like I'm usually I am I always wear dresses and skirts but travelling come on give me a break I grip tightly to Asamis jacket.

"Love" she kisses my father her eyes gleam happily. "You must be Mai" she smiles in delight she seems so nice I felt warm and glad as her daughter just rolled her eyes which made me worry.

"I'm Izzy and my daughter Lola" Lola smiles slightly "she's texting her boyfriend so don't mind that" "do you have a boyfriend" she asks "I just broke up with him" "omg" "girl" she wraps her arms around me tightly "ok I'm fine" I lie "let's go on the plane shall we" "so" "your boyfriend" "ex" "what happened tell me everything" " I know Your only a senior I'm high school" "your senior in college right" "yeah" "and I've had many boyfriends but you" "your a virgin" she whispers as our parents were behind us while we sat on the plane I didn't know if I could tell her but who would she tell.

"Who's jacket is that really big and I can tell it's not your typical style by the type of shoes your wearing slightly heeled sandals and long shorts your to fashionable to be wearing a worn out leather jacket" she then grins "ah" "there's someone else" "who come on if we ever become sisters" she rolls her eyes "you need to be honest" I take a sip of water I could feel us in the air.

"Well" so I told her everything. I don't know what become of me gossiping to her. "Wow" she sips a drink "show me a picture of them" "ok" I grab my phone a group photo of all of us. "That's Noah" "he's cute but" "who's that girl she's beautiful" "Asami" I smile "god I want to text her but we promise to think things through" I sigh "ugh" I kick myself.

"Hey" "I have some friends in LA why don't you come with us for this live singing thing people do you can sing get it all out" "I can record it and sent it to her" "boom she falls in love with you" "I just" "ugh" I bang my head "well" "ladies and gentlemen we will be landing shortly" "ok" "I'm here ok" "I know I can be a bit thing but I'm so interested what is going on right now" she chuckles.
~~~
We get to the rented apartment room and it's massive there's 3 bedrooms one for them for my dad and Izzy one of Lola and then one for me. I walk inside of my room logging onto the WiFi and I get a call "Asami" I chuckle "I know you told me" "shh" I smile. "I know I'm fine" "hey I have my own room" I say "seriously they must be rich" "oh shut up there both so sweet I'm glad" "I want my dad to be happy" "and I want you to be happy" "promise me you'll be safe I will no longer contact you for our time and your mind to think" she chuckles at the end of the line. "Thank you Asami" I whisper "stay safe" "that's all I want" "bye" she hangs