FORTY-TWO

Jessica was taking a stroll on the streets in Paris. Today was her day off and she was trying to make the most of it by enjoying the scenery. On the bright side, she has finally made up her mind. She was ready to be with Nate. They have been texting back and forth ever since the phone call of him explaining the whole Chuck and Blair situation.

"Miss Jessica, I've booked a reservation at your favorite restaurant." Crush said.

"Thank you Crush." Jessica smiled but her eyes widened when she saw the man behind her bodyguard. "Nate?"

"Hey Jess." He smiled his hands in his coat pocket. Crush immediately stood in front of the girl, creating some distance.

"Hey Crush it's ok. Give us a minute?" Jessica said. Crush nodded and walked away, still keeping his eyes on Nate. "What are you doing here?"

"How are you?"

"Confused."

Nate chuckled. "You look great."

Jessica smiled. "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."

"I need to tell you something."

"Again?"

Nate nodded, taking the girl's hand. "I'm sorry. I've been a dick. Breaking up with you to protect you and saying those things just so you wouldn't find out the real reason. But, I wish I could take it all back. Seeing your face when I said those things, it's still engraved in my brain. And I love you Jessie. And I'll do everything I can to be there for you. I'll quit my job just to make you happy. You mean the world to me. So." Nate bends down on one knee. Jessica's eyes widened. Is he actually gonna do this. "Will you Jessica Margot Olsen make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" 

Jessica couldn't breathe. This was not what she was expecting. She knew she wanted to be with Nate, but she never thought about marrying him. 

"Is this for real?"

Nate nodded, getting a little nervous Jessica didn't answer yet.

"Are you sure Nate?" Jessica asked the boy.

Nate nodded again. "I've never been sure of anything in my life." 

Jessica smiled at the boy before nodding. "Yes. A million times yes." 

Nate smiled, getting up and putting the ring on the girl's finger and pulling her into a kiss. "I love you Jessica so to be Archibald."

Jessica smiled. "Jessica Archibald, I like the sound of that."

And with that, the couple lived happily ever after.