TWENTY-NINE

To say Nate was stressed would be an understatement. With everything going on in his life, he couldn't think of anything more worse happening.

On the bright side, when the days over, he can take his girl out to her favorite restaurant and finally ask her to be his girlfriend. 

"I don't know why you're here, but get out before security throws you out." Nate said, seeing Bart walk into his office.

"That's not a nice way to greet your partner." Bart said, opening up a file.

"What are you talking about?"

"You are indebted to me and I'm here to collect. So unless you wanna lose everything, you're gonna help me defeat Chuck." Bart explained.

"What happens if I don't do what you say?"

"The Spectator for one. And your little girlfriend. I don't think the modeling industry would be happy she's dating a felon."

"Leave Jessica out of this." Nate said.

"I was talking about my step-daughter's ex-boyfriend's daughter. But I guess I know who you've chosen. So you have a choice. Either you can tell me Chuck's plan to win over Ivy or you can go to prison and drag your mother, grandfather, and girlfriend through a public disgrace even more sensational than that of your father's. What's it gonna be?"

Nate didn't think he could be even more stressed than he was before. He was basically given an ultimatum. He couldn't do that to his best friend, his family, the only girl he ever loved. But he knew he had to choose.

Nate's phone was ringing and he saw Jessica was calling. He saw the multiple texts she sent him that he didn't have the heart to reply back. He couldn't drag her into this. He had to do everything to protect her, even if it meant betraying his best friend. 

✄-----------------------------

Very very off topic, but for anyone who didn't notice, my books are named after 5 Seconds of Summer songs and my favorite member is engaged!! Luke Hemmings is engaged!! It literally felt like yesterday I was jamming out to She Looks So Perfect. I'm not crying. My eyes are just sweating.