FIVE

This day has been full of surprises. Like this one right now.

How did Jessica manage to be in the same limo, on the way home to her penthouse, with Nate? The universe was really testing her today.

One would say Jessica and Nate had this indescribable love for one another. But the problem was, none of them acted upon it. So it's been just 5 years of hooking up, flirting, and long stares across the room. It was frustrating to witness, as Serena liked to say.

The ride back was long, and none of them made an effort to say anything. Jessica couldn't tell if it's because Nate was tired or he just didn't know what to say. She assumed it was the latter.

"How did you know where Serena was when none of you guys have heard from her in months?" Jessica asked the boy.

"Gossip Girl told us." Nate answered.

"Gossip Girl?" Jessica asked, confused. Who names their kid Gossip Girl?

Nate sighed. "Just someone from the past that's all."

"Her name was actually Gossip Girl?"

"No it wasn't. Look Jess, it's a long story and I don't really feel like telling you right now especially since you won't understand any of it."

"What's that supposed to mean?

"I mean you haven't been around, you left without saying a word."

"Hey. I didn't leave without saying a word. I told everyone the time and day I had to leave. You chose to not show up because you were too busy hooking up with another girl. So don't make it my fault you were too busy to say goodbye." Jessica was angry. How dare this boy say it was her fault for leaving. 

"Whatever." Nate said, clearly annoyed.

"Sorry if I asked." Jessica couldn't bare looking at the boy anymore so she turned her attention to the window. Stupid New York traffic. 

What was he annoyed for?

After a long, painful drive, Jessica's penthouse building finally came into view. The car stops. Jessica waited for a few seconds, expecting Nate to say something, which he didn't. She tries to open the door before a hand stops her.

"I'm sorry." Nate apologize looking right in her eye.

"Whatever." Jessica said before getting out the door a little upset how what could have been the start of something great, turned into this.

No matter how long it has been, Jessica could not deny her strong feelings for the Golden Boy. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: december 31,2021