THIRTY-SEVEN

Can you say awkward?

This has been the awkwardest Thanksgiving Jessica has ever been too. Serena decided it was a good idea to invite her ex-boyfriend to her and her current boyfriend's Thanksgiving dinner. And let's not forget to mention Nate's current girlfriend is here when his ex-girlfriend who happens to be sitting across from the girl.

Just Upper East Side things.

Jessica didn't have an appetite. Even the apple pie calling her name didn't help. She just couldn't believe Nate would do this to her. After randomly breaking up with her without an explanation what so ever, he goes back to someone who he claimed was just a distraction. The nerve this boy had. 

The girl's phone vibrated. She was expecting a text from her manager saying she was able to book a flight to Paris, but sadly it wasn't. Well it was from her manager but not what she wanted to see. 

"Not so successful model Jessica Olsen lies about her achievements." Jessica heard Blair read. 

Jessica quickly skimmed through the article basically calling her a liar about all the modeling gigs you has, along with her makeup brand she stole from her friend, and is only where she is because of her parents' money. She didn't even have to look who the author was to know who wrote it.

"Are you fucking kidding me Dan?" Jessica shouted, not caring if she was being loud.

"Ok sweetie let's settle down here." Lily tried to calm down the girl. 

"I've done nothing to you Dan." Jessica stands up and walks closer to Dan. Serena trying to create some space between them. "You don't even know me so for you to write a bunch of bullshit and actually publish makes me really want to knock you out."

"Which you aren't gonna do." Serena said to her friend.

"Look I'm just trying to give people what they want?" Dan tried to defend himself.

"What they want? And what is it that they want?" Jessica said, extremely angry.

"To know the real Jessica Olsen."

"From your perspective. You made a bunch of assumptions about someone who you don't even know and now you expect me to be ok with that?" Jessica tried to launch herself to the boy but Nate held her back. "Get off me." The girl shook the boy off her, grabbing her phone off the table. "You'll be hearing from my lawyer." She pointed to Dan and walked to the elevator. 

She needed to get the hell away from here or else she was gonna do something she was gonna regret. But of course the universe wasn't on her side. "What do you want Nate?"

The boy was surprised when he heard the girl call him Nate. For anyone who didn't know, Jessica only calls Nate 'Nate' when she's upset at the boy. And she was definitely upset with him.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?"

"Yeah. I mean what Dan did was completely unacceptable and I'll make sure to get my people to take it down as soon as possible."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "I'm not angry at that."

"You're not?" 

Jessica scoffed. "Unbelievable. You broke up with me Nate and you never even gave me a legitimate reason as to why and a few days later you're back together with Sage who you told me was a distraction." 

"Jessie..."

Jessica shook her head. "Just leave me alone." 

✄-----------------------------

Sorry I've been MIA. I had food poisoning for the past few days and that was a terrible experience that I never want to experience ever again but hey I'm better now!!