~ chapter 46 ☁️

Start from the beginning

A loud and synchronised gasp is heard around the table as Jasper, Asha and I all whip our heads around in Piper's direction who just sits there leisurely sipping on her drink.

'Hey! How dare you call my Jasper a Chad?' Asha nags in outrage, letting out a small scoff as she cuddles further into the side of her boyfriend as if to silently reassure him that she definitely does not think that.

'I mean, like a Chad minus the whole asshole personality, of course. You just give off the vibes is all I'm saying.' Piper causally tries to elaborate although looking at Jasper's appalled face of shock, I think the damage might have already been done.

'I can't- I can't believe you just called me a Chad.' He echoes in a wince, mouth still hanging open as it had been since the C word had first exited Piper's mouth.

'Eh, I could have called you worse.' Piper offers in a bored tone as if she is not able to see Jasper in his state of utter shock and probably currently questioning his whole entire existence right there besides us.

'Like what?' I quip curiously as I turn to face her with my chin resting on my palm, interested to hear what exactly could be worse than being called a Chad.

'I could have called him a Karen.'

'A Karen?' Jasper splutters, looking like his soul may have just left his body, his already pale complexion paling even further the more and more Piper talks.

'Hmm, would I rather be called a Karen or a Chad I wonder?' I think aloud, tapping my chin in thought as I hear Asha telling Piper off once again about her 'unwanted comments' in the background.

'Don't listen to her, baby.' Asha coos, comfortingly patting her tall boyfriend on the arm and protectively wrapping an arm around him as she stares daggers across the table in Piper's direction who merely shrugs at the chaos she has caused.

'...But anyway, could you please still like leave though?' Asha eventually and guiltily mutters, her eyes still full of sympathy as Jasper snaps his neck so fast towards her, fixing her with a look of incredulousness that I'm almost afraid he may have gotten whiplash.

'Just for five minutes, pretty please?' She pouts, mustering up a sheepish smile and awkwardly scratching the back of her neck as Jasper continues to stare her down.

I can already tell Jasper is not having it from the stormy look on his face. Oops, I think as I watch as his eyes practically scream
'are you actually being serious right now?' at Asha- if only Piper hadn't called him a Chad to begin with.

'First, Piper calls me a Chad and now you ask me to leave, after everything I do for you? Babe, really? Do you know how much times you asked me to break up with you on Friday just so you could sing 'Drivers License', huh?'

Piper and I are trying our hardest not to cackle at his dramatic speech, desperately holding onto each other and biting our lips. It's obvious he's only half joking and that's he not really angry at her but his sassy and passionately spoken words are still entertaining to listen to all the same.

'Babe, I-'

'Don't 'babe' me, Ash. It was fifteen fucking times! And that's only from what I can remember when I was sober too.' He snaps, clicking his tongue at her and facing away from the back haired girl with his arms crossed across his chest as if he truly is disappointed in her.

'Damn, that does sound like work. Not to mention she doesn't even have her drivers licence too.' I teasingly tut, not being able to resist joining in too and giving my two cents worth much to the annoyance of Asha who glares at me beneath her bangs.

'Guys, look, just calm down, will you? Jasper doesn't have to leave because there will be no girly chat because guess what? I'm fine!' I eventually declare with a sigh and a roll of my eyes a moment later, feeling the need to play the peacemaker when Asha continues to threaten to melt me with her fiery stare.

'Yeah, course you are. Jasper, will you just stop being a baby already and go for whazz or something to pass the time?' Piper snorts from next to me, completely ignoring my wishes and instead directing everyone's attention back onto the only boy on the table who presently looks like he's on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

'Piper!' Asha hisses, looking moments away from facepalming herself at Piper's bad habit of not being able to hold her tongue.

'No, I'll go, don't worry.' Jasper announces with a slight sneer as he begins to tidy up his stuff, letting out an over dramatic sigh before launching into a final rant. 'But just remember next time I hear 'Jasper, babe, you need to split up with me. Just for 5 minutes though so I can really feel the song, you know?' I can't promise that I'll be sticking around to hear you butcher it for the 200th time.'

He ends with a huff and the smallest smirk, looking proud of himself for his dig before rising to his feet as he quickly presses a chaste kiss onto Asha's forehead and strolls away without a care in the world.

Meanwhile the girls and I sit in silence, watching him go. Asha still has her mouth open even when he completely disappears around the corner and out of our view while Piper looks almost impressed with the hazel eyed football player.

'Damn, did he really just come for your singing though?' Piper mutters with a laugh in afterthought after a brief silence passes through our table, Jasper's snidey remark on Asha's singing ability seeming to be the only  thing that had stuck out to her from everything Jasper had had to say.

'That's a bit of a violation, especially since 'Drivers Licence' is your favourite song. I wouldnt have that, you know, Ash.' I comment offhandedly with a smile, shaking my head at the corner that Jasper had disappeared around and eagerly getting back to my sandwich.

Asha meanwhile still looks as confused as ever at her boyfriend's antics when she eventually turns back to the table a moment later, her eyebrows still scrunched in confusion as she murmurs to herself beneath her breath.

'What just happened?'