One: A Realistic Kind of Dream

'Where am I?'

I felt a flurry of warmness inside me spread to different areas in my body, all of it rushing out from an area in my tummy. It tickled and I wanted to move. I fluttered my eyes and tried to open them to see what was causing the warmness I felt moving but the light was blinding. So I kept them shut and sat up. My body felt stiff, as I fluttered my eyes to adjust to the light, my vision was met with white walls and a window facing a courtyard.

'Why do I feel different?'

I looked down at my body and noticed that I wasn't exactly in the body of a 22-year-old. I froze and moved my left hand then my right hand so that I could see the palms. Then I looked to the IV in my arm and then I realized just how difficult it was to move my arms.

'Oh no.'

I could feel my breathing becoming erratic. My chest was constricting, I was having a panic attack. I grabbed my head and then a cascade of long golden brown hair obscured my face.

'I don't have- W-what happened to my dark brown hair?! My face! I need to see my face!'

My breathing was erratic. I tried getting off the bed only to fall and on the way down I made a lot of noise by knocking down the bedside table and the contents on top of it, a vase with a single sunflower. Glass fell all around me. I didn't notice when a nurse popped in and called for help.

"Calm down. Calm down. Someone get me the head medic! Can you please relax Hachiko-chan?" I froze at the name the nurse called me.

'Good she speaks a familiar language!'

I tried to talk but no sound left my mouth. I instantly put my hands to my neck and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

"My voice?!" I mouthed wordlessly. The nurse quickly moved her hands and they began glowing green. I froze watching her.

'No. No. No. No. NO. I did not just see that. Nope. Nope. I'm in deep sweet denial. This has to be a dream. That, No. She did not just use a diagnostic medical jutsu. Nope. I'm going to pretend that didn't happen. Nope. This is a dream. Yes! A dream is all. I've been reading way too many fanfics.'

After a few moments the nurse stepped back as a male medic entered the room. I stared at the person before me. He had long black hair, dark brown eyes, nicely tan skin, he was nice looking and tall, well, everyone looked big to me.

"I see our little patient is finally up. Status?" The nurse lady looked hesitant to say.

"Excuse us for a second Hachiko-chan." The nurse lady said and dragged the doctor out of the room.

'Okay. This can't be good. Then again this dream is wonky. On the bright note, No Tsunade, which means I'm not dreaming specifically about Naruto-canon. Hmm. But that doctor looked familiar.'

My thoughts were interrupted when the doctor came back in and the nurse was looking at me worriedly.

"Hachiko-chan, I'm Head Medic Duelo, I'm going to run a basic diagnostics test okay. Can you please hold still?" I simply stared at the man and he smiled. As he ran his jutsu and checked me, I was trying to mull over why he looked familiar. I looked at him and his eyes were in concentration then there was a minor moment when he looked very serious.

"Get me her parents, I want them here before doing anything else." Medic Duelo barked and the nurse bustled out and then he turned to me.

"Hachiko-chan, do you remember anything as to why you're here?" I tilted my head to the side. I myself wondered where this dream was going.