Chapter Thirteen: Him

I walked into my room and started pacing, I let out a frustrated scream. What did I just do? She has been there for you since forever Diana, why would you say something like that? I mean, I didn't necessarily say you're not my mother, but she felt that way.

OH, my goodness! I screamed out again to no one in particular. I feel so uneasy, I swung my door open about to go to my mother, Lucien was about to knock on my door. I looked at him and he looked at me while biting his jaw.

"Diana." He said looking at me calmly.

"I'm awful, aren't I?" I asked him and he just stared at me.

"Where is she?" I asked him and he pointed to the beach. As I proceeded to walk, Lucien held my arm and looked at the ground.

"What is it Lucien?" I asked him looking at him. He just bit his jaw and released my arm.

"Good luck." He said before I walked off.

I walked to where Lucien said my mother was, she sat on one of the beach chairs just taking in the cool winds, as it blew her hair wildly. I had a hair holder with me and I stretched my hand out to offer it to her. She looked up at me and collected it with ease. I stood there in silence. I didn't know what to say, I was so embarrassed.

"I know you're scared Kiska." She said breaking the silence. "We're human, we are wired to be scared in difficult times. I know you think that you are a danger to us all because you have been targeted, but you also need to have self-control." She continued.

She turned to look at me and motioned for me to sit next to her and I did, taking a deep breath in then out, she tried to place my hair behind my ear but it was awkward because of the length and the curls so it just bounced back out.

"Why'd you cut it?" she asked holding my face.

"I was going through some stuff." I replied.

"Mood!" she said making me chuckle.

"I'm sorry Mom, I shouldn't have said that, I-I'm sorry." I said bowing my head and she pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"It's alright, my baby." She said kissing my cheeks some more. "I love you; I love you more than words can explain, it's okay to make mistakes. Cutting your hair was a big mistake."She said and we both laughed.

"I like it. "I said smiling proudly at her.

"I cut my hair once, I was being chased by your grandfather, it was weirdly fun." She said reminiscing making me burst out laughing and she did the same.
"Did you speak to your father yet." She asked and I bowed my head and played with my fingers. "Let's get him." she said before standing and fixing her clothing.

"ALEJANDRO! ALEJANDRO, HELP!" My mother started screaming like she was being attacked.

"TEQUILA! DIANA!" My father said running out of a bush nearby with his gun. My mother looked at me and I snickered.

"You are so alarming, what the hell, I thought you were in danger!" he said looking at her.

"You need to stop minding my daughter and I's business, that's what you need to stop doing." She said and he placed the gun on her forehead before he pulled her close.

"God, I love you." He whispered to her and started kissing her.

"I'm still here!" I said telling them before they broke apart and my mother left and it was only him and I.

I got up and walked towards him looking all over. He stood with a straight face with his arms folded.

"Dad." I began and he softened. "I'm sorry for saying what I said, I was frustrated and it was wrong and I hurt mom and I'm really sorry." I rambled out and he just stood there looking at me.