Steve sighed and shook his head before taking his leave. Skye slowly made her way to where Steve had been. If this is the way everyone else had felt when she was in Y/N's position, she needed to apologize to everyone as soon as she could. Skye clutched Y/N's hand in between both of hers.

"You're going to be okay," she whispered. Tony was looked at Y/N, but listening in. "You have to.... Everyone is so worried... and Fitz... something happened with Fitz. Ward tried to kill him and Simmons as well... he has serve brain damage. We don't know what's really going to happen with him." Skye let a tear slip from her eyes. "Just, please, wake up. We can't lose you too."

~~~

Skye stayed for about an hour, before excusing herself to leave. She walked a few blocks before meeting Coulson in his car, Lola, in an alley.

"How is she?" Coulson asked once Skye was seated in the car.

"She still hasn't woken up," Skye responded. "She... She has bandages from her hips up to her neck. Tubes and wires everywhere."

"I should have never had her stay there. This is-"

"Do not blame yourself for this. This is not your fault. This was all Ward. He did this to her. To Fitz."

"I need to see her for myself."

"There's no way that's going to happen. Rogers and Stark rarely leave her side... But I'm sure they'll let me keep checking on her."

"I just really can't have her die, Skye."

"I know. Me either.... Just a warning, if she does die, Stark will hunt down Ward and kill him."

"He won't have to. If she dies, I'll kill him myself."

~~~

"How is she?" Rhodey asked Tony, who was making coffee in the kitchen.

It had now been six weeks since the surgery. And there was still no indication of when Y/N would wake up. Rhodey had flew in to help keep an eye on Tony's emotional state.

"Still nothing," Tony responded with a sigh. "I've been researching what to do and different medical records with a similar thing, but nothing. I come up empty every time." Tony sank down into a kitchen chair. "I hate not being able to fix this..."

"She's going to be okay, Tony." Rhodey came up and gave one of Tony's shoulders a light squeeze. "She's tough."

"I know that... I just want to know why she hasn't woken up yet."

~~~

The buzzing had gotten worse... extremely worse. It was bouncing around in Y/N's mind. She could see it bounce, yellow. It's as exploding, like it had been held in tightly somewhere, waiting to burst. Her unconscious mind knew what the yellow and the buzzing meant. The Mind Stone was being used and, for some reason, it was calling out to her. Y/N knew she needed to fight through it in order to wake up. But it was hard. Her mind was already exhausted and it just became more exhausted the more she tried to fight. Y/N continued though, she needed to wake up and talk to Tony, see if her team was okay, and, now the obvious, find Loki's scepter.

~~~

Steve and Tony were sitting in their usual spots, both holding one of Y/N's hands. Rhodey was outside the room, talking to Bruce about options.

"I'm just so confused," Bruce sighed, almost defeatedly. "None of her labs aren't making any sense... Her brain is showing activity, her body doesn't show signs of shutting down, it's even healing her wounds. But she can't breathe on her own."