Part 13- Training with the Avengers

Eventually everyone left the infirmary while Sage stayed in her hospital bed. She was exhausted so she closed her eyes and took a nap. She woke up to the sound of footsteps. A man and a teenage girl were walking toward her. She sat up, rubbing her face. The man was tall with short brown hair with a black and gold metal arm. He was holding a metal briefcase in his nonmetallic hand. The teenager was dressed in a geometric white dress with white sneakers. Her hair was braided in complex patterns. They approached Sage's bed and stopped. "Sage?" the girl said with the same accent as King T'Challa.

"Yeah, that's me."

"My name is Shuri, this is my friend Bucky. We brought the suit that is meant to keep you alive while you continue to train." She gestured for Bucky to give Sage the case.

He set it on the foot of her bed.

"What are you waiting for?" Shuri asked. "Open it."

Sage leaned forward, her IV pulling the needle at an odd angle as she opened the case. Inside was a beautiful grey and white suit with blue highlights. It was similar to the one Tony built for her but the fabric had an odd metallic shine to it. "It's amazing," Sage said. "Thank you."

"See, I told you she'd love it." Shuri whispered to Bucky. She turned back to Sage, "The fabric is bonded with Vibranium, I modeled it after my brother's Black Panther suit. The glowing blue compartments are housing units for nanobots as well as Vibranium molecules that I have synthesised to match your Palladium ones."

Sage nodded.

"The lab will take a few days to prepare for your procedure. Your American technology is far lacking compared to Wakandan."

Bucky giggled, "Come on Shuri, be nice."

She rolled her eyes, "Careful White Wolf, I know how to remove that arm of yours."

Bucky protectively held his metal arm, "You can't actually do that, can you?"

Shuri laughed, "Sage, the suit will protect you while you train with the Asgardians. I will need a biometric scan before the surgery."

"Oh Bruce already did one." Sage said.

"No," Shuri shook her head. "I will get a more conclusive result with my own program. If you have any questions, my brother and I will be staying here. You should try on the suit and head to the pool. Come on Bucky, let's go."

The two left without saying anything else. As soon as they were gone, Sage got up and took the IV out of her arm. It felt good to remove the irritating tape and needle. She put a bandage over the puncture. Then she changes out of her pajamas and into the new suit. It felt lighter and slimmer than the previous one. When she put it on, she felt fresh and ready to train.

Several people were waiting for her when she got to the empty olympic pool. Loki, Thor, Natasha, Bucky, Tony, Peter, Bruce, Wanda and Vision were all standing at the bottom of the empty pool. They were also in their suits. She'd never seen Peter in the Spiderman suit without his mask, it was black and red and it hugged every chiseled curve of his body. Wanda gestured to her and said something to Tony about her presence. Everyone turned to look at her, she suddenly felt exposed.

Tony told her to join them and she did. When she got there, Bruce approached her. He had something in his hand, "This is a heart monitor." The device was no bigger than a cellphone. "I'm going to have you wear this while you train so that I can track your vitals."

Sage nodded and took the device. She undid the collar of her suit and adhered the heart monitor to her chest. Bruce climbed out of the pool, he was going to a makeshift office at the edge of the pool. She gave him a thumbs up to tell him she'd turned the monitor on and he reciprocated the gesture to say that it was transmitting back to his computers.