Part 11- Stargazing

She changed out of her suit and put it back in the box. It took a lot of convincing but eventually Tony agreed to let Sage train with Thor and Loki. She changed into a pair of pajama shorts and a red sweatshirt. King was already laying on her bed when a knock game at the door. What now? She thought.

She threw open the door and found Peter standing with his back turned to her, he was mumbling to himself. "Peter?"

He spun around, "Oh, hi Sage. I was just wondering, I was thinking that we, if you're not too tired, we could go to the roof and look at the stars?"

He was blushing. He had two blankets in one hand and a picnic basket in the other. She found it cute that he was nervous to ask her, even though they'd help hands and spend so much time together, he was still awkward.

"That sounds amazing," Sage said.

Peter smiled from ear to ear and grabbed her hand. He pulled her to the balcony and flung open the doors. When they stepped outside, he handed her the blankets and set the picnic basket by his feet. Then he wrapped an arm around her waist. "Hold on."

He aimed his web shooter upwards and attached a web to something on the roof. Then, slowly, he started to recall the web back to the mechanized bracelet, lifting them upwards. When they reached the roof, they turned to sit on the edge while Peter pulled the picnic basket up too.

Sage walked a few feet away from the edge before spreading out one of the blankets. Peter appeared by her side with the basket and they both sat down. "Well that was fun," Sage said.

Peter smiled and opened the picnic basket, "I wasn't sure what you would want so I brought a little of everything."

Sage scooted closer, "Do you have any candy?"

"Uh, yeah, sour peach rings-"

Sage interrupted him, "Oo those are my favorite."

He pulled out a large bag of them, "Mine too!"

She took the bag and laid down. It was a beautiful night. She tore open the bag of candy and Peter laid down beside her, casually eating peach rings. After a few minutes Sage got cold and she snuggled into Peter's chest. He noticed her goosebumps and grabbed the other blanket they'd brought, using his web to pull it closer. Then he spread it out over both of them and put his arm around Sage. He started to make small circles on her arm with his thumb. "It's beautiful tonight," Sage said.

Peter looked down at her and admired her, "Yeah, it is."

She looked up at him, his rich earthy eyes stared back at her. She glanced down at his lips unintentionally and noticed his smile. Sage turned away before Peter could see her blush.

"I could lay here forever," Peter said, absently staring off into space.

Sage pressed her cheek into his shoulder and rolled on her side; she wrapped an arm around his chest and held him close. "So much has happened," she said.

Peter put a hand on her back, "I know, but I wouldn't change a thing."

Sage shut her eyes tightly and thought about everything Peter didn't know. "Peter-" she started.

He kissed the top of her head, "It's okay. Everything is going to be okay, no matter what."

They stayed that way, curled up and nestled under the blanket, until Sage started to drift off. Peter's enhanced senses could hear her heart rate slowing down. "Sage?" Peter asked but he didn't get a response. He sighed and sat up, careful to not wake Sage. He swung her legs over his lap and stood up, cradling her in his arms. He went to the edge of the roof and set her down, allowing her feet to touch the floor. She began to stir, she hugged his neck and took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of candy peach rings and Peter's shampoo.

Peter held her tightly by the waist and stepped off the roof, shooting a web to hold their weight as he did so. The jolt woke Sage up and her eyes shot open. Peter slowed their descent and they were able to see the bright lights of the New York City buildings. Sage leaned her head against Peter's. "Thank you," she said.

"For what?"

Sage rubbed her thumb against his collarbone, "For being you."

She closed her eyes but could feel Peter smile. Eventually she felt her feet touch the balcony. She smiled sleepily at Peter and kissed his cheek. When she pulled away, she didn't leave. Peter cupped her cheek and touched his forehead to hers. Her hand was resting on the back of his neck while her other was on his chest. Sage's lips parted and just as Peter was about to lean away, she kissed him.

At first, Peter was surprised but he closed his eyes and kissed her. When Sage leaned back, he brushed her hair behind her ear. "What was that for?" Peter asked, he couldn't help but smile.

Sage shrugged, "I just wanted to kiss you."

Peter was speechless. He slid his hand down her arm and intertwined their fingers.

"Night Peter," Sage said with a shy smile as she turned to go inside.

He watched her walk away in awe, he couldn't believe that Sage kissed him. Never in a million years did he imagine the prettiest, coolest girl in school would kiss him. She turned around to shut the balcony door and wave to him when her eyes rolled back in her head without warning. She collapsed in the doorway. Peter ran forward, forgetting the kiss momentarily and solely focusing on Sage. He started to call her name but she didn't respond. He cradled her head and shoulder. "Friday!" Peter shouted. "Friday call Mr. Stark!"

The bedroom door opened and Natasha was standing there, "Sage?" she called into the otherwise empty room.

"Ms. Romanoff!" Peter shouted.

Nat came running to their side. "What happened?"

Peter was trying not to freak out, "She just collapsed-"

"What happened before that?"

Peter hesitated, "Well, uh, she kissed me?"

Nat was going to respond when another person appeared at the door, it was Tony. He rushed forward and pushed the others out of the way. His only concern was Sage. He made a sweeping motion with his hands and waited for something to happen. "Come on," he repeated.

Suddenly a suit of armor started to come together and form around Sage. They watched her disappear into the red and gold suit. Once it was fully formed, Tony popped open the face shield and tried to wake Sage up. She didn't move. "Friday!" Tony shouted over his shoulder. "Get Bruce!"

"I'm right here Tony." Bruce said from the door. "What's going on?"

"It's Sage," Tony said. "She's too unstable."

"Unstable?" Peter said.

Nat stood up, "Peter, come with me."

He didn't question it and followed her out of the room.

"This suit has a Vibranium core, it's the only thing keeping her stable right now." Tony said.

Bruce placed a hand on Tony's shoulder, "We need to get her to my lab."