Chapter 24

"Two broken souls."

Nixon's sad words resonated softly in the air as he pulled Freya closer to his side. Her head was tucked under his chin whilst her hand rested over his chest and his own arm wrapped around her waist, their legs entangled.

She tilted her head slightly up as her hand caressed his chest, "I know.", she responded.

After taking a shower together, the pair sat on Nixon's bed, recounting the day they'd had and the secrets that had been unraveled. It was rough on them both but there was also something relieving in sharing each other's troubles.

If anything it brought them closer.

Freya hugged Nixon tightly as tears fell from his eyes as he explained what Ava and his mother had done. Her heart broke when she realized the amount of guilt and pain the man was carrying around, thinking he'd somehow been the cause of the loss of his baby.

She didn't know Ava well enough to judge her and she also didn't think that she had any right too. Ava probably thought she was doing the right thing at the time. It must have been difficult on her, giving up her baby too.

All Freya hoped for was that Nixon would someday find it in him to forgive Ava and more especially, his mother. With Nicolas already grudging his brother, Freya knew Nixon's current fragile state could make him push everyone away.

So she opted to tread carefully and approach that topic later on, when he'd calmed down because now he wouldn't listen to anything.

"Have you thought about what you wanna do?"

The question was directed at her as she lifted herself up, leaning against the headboard as Nixon turned over, resting his head on his hand.

She pondered for a moment, "I want to move out - find a job too. My - my father had a trust fund set up for me but I honestly don't think I could touch a dime of his money. I do have some savings but I don't think that would keep me going for too long."

It was Nixon's turn to sit up, "You could always move in with me. I was thinking about looking for a place for a while now."

Freya felt her heart skip a beat, she was at a loss for words.

Sighing, Nixon looked around his room before he continued speaking, "When I moved into this apartment, I was still in a very dark place. It doesn't hold any good memories - ", he looked at Freya, "Other than you."

Freya smiled at him, reaching for his hand, she placed a chaste kiss on it, "I'm flattered, I really am. But moving in together so soon, it just feels rushed. I'm grateful but I also need to venture off on my own and learn independence."

Nixon gave her his full attention, remaining silent despite wanting to object. He just felt so protective over her.

Entwining their hands, Freya never broke eye contact with him, "I've spent my entire life depending on other people to look out for me and take care of me. I've been too sheltered and it's only been to my detriment. I have to learn to stand on my own two feet, especially if I want to pursue a relationship with you, that is if you still want too?"

The ball was now in his court.

"Tesoro," he whispered in that husky voice of his, his fingers lifting up to caress the side of her face, "Off course, I want to be with you. I'm done staying away or pleasing others. I want you in my life."

Freya smiled, tears glistening in her eyes. The feeling of being wanted was overwhelming her in the best possible way.

Nixon leaned forward, connecting his lips with hers. The kiss started off soft and sweet but quickly grew hungry as he pushed his tongue past her lips, meeting Freya's own.

His hands tangled in her hair as Freya climbed onto him, her legs on either side of his hips. She felt his length poke her through the filmsy T-shirt she wore.

Nixon's fingers moved down her throat and grabbed onto her mound through the fabric, his forefinger and thumb tweaking the sensitive bud, making Freya moan into his mouth.

She pulled away to stare at him, "Nixon?", she sounded out of breathe.

"Sí?"

God, she loved when his Italian accent dominated. It was so sexy.

She should have felt ashamed at her next words, but she could care a damn, "I want you inside of me."

Nixon growled, ever so happy to oblige, he tapped her butt slightly, signaling her to lift her hips. He released his length from his boxers and then pulled Freya back down onto his hard cock. They both gasped, looking into each other's eyes.

Freya was soaking, needing no prep as Nixon glided right in. They remained still for a moment, relishing the feeling of being connected physically in the most intimate way.

"Always so warm, Bella.", Nixon husked out, barely being able to stay still any longer.

Freya felt the same turmoil and since she seemed to hold control over this encounter, she had no problem commanding him to move, a command he was more than happy to obey.

Nixon found himself on his back, his hands resting on Freya's hips, the T-shirt firmly in his hands as he wanted to see where they connected as Freya moved above him. Her hands planted on his chest for support.

This new position had Nixon hitting all her sensitive spots over and over again.

"I'm gonna come." he moaned out.

Freya bent down to his face, "Kiss me." she whispered.

And so he did as he released inside her, pushing her own orgasm to the front.

Freya collapsed against him, Nixon still inside her as she tried to catch her breathe.

"Shower and then sleep?" Nixon asked against her ear.

She nodded, giggling. She wanted to live in this moment because come tomorrow, her life would be doing an entire 180 degrees and she wasn't sure what to expect.

But looking down at Nixon, she knew that he'd be there with her and for now that was all she needed.

If only she'd known the storm that was brewing...

***

Well, well guess who's still alive???? Lol

Yours truly . Yes, my writing juices finally kicked in... for now at least.

Might be a boring one but its a foreshadowing nonetheless

Anway, a late Happy 2023 to you all!!!

Stay safe and blessed.

Love Liv ♥️