Chapter 7. The Bard of Elleóin

Start from the beginning

The blacksmiths were busy making shields and spears. Merchants waving around food, clothings and accessories. The women carrying pitchers, doing their work and chattering, while the children ran around playing sticks and stones.

Aerona felt right at home. Except happier

And that was when she heard a song on a lute. A man singing a song so melodic.

" Marvelled was she in a coat. Oh elleth, with a bonnet and gown.
'Tis the reason was she the talk of the town

I marvelled at she
Broke my urge to flee

Oh Lady, fair elf of Everake

Her hair whiter than the mist of snow
Oh how badly I wished to show,
My love for thy eyes of ebony
Has brought me short of destiny

Oh Lady.

Shall I make thee mine?
Thy face of radiating glory of moonshine
Ancient is thy privilege
Oh how marveling is thy visage... "

'Lady Aerona! Out of the way' she heard Tyrill's voice echo in her ears as sirens of warning.

Aerona pulled her head from the trance like song and met with a charging horse carriage with the driver shouting at her to jump out of the way.

Tyrill ran towards her.

But she knew it would be too late before he saved her.

So she raised her wings and slapped the pair cutting the air through force. And she was lifted up to the sky.

Saved.

The driver and the villagers rushed to the scene, gawking at her as she levitated in the sky.

She saw the villagers running to see her.

She saved herself from being crushed but now she was burning red with embarrassment. Tyrill ran and raised his hand towards the sky to her.

She slowly flew down and held his warm strong hands. A spark striking when their palms met.

Aerona shivered at the sudden shock while Tyrill hid it well.

The people still stared at her. In awe, envy and marvel.

Tyrill still held her hand and guided her to the tavern. Meanwhile Aerona trying to locate the person who was singing before.

The song had ended and she did not find the source of the melody.

Tyrill pushed open the creaky wooden door and people looked at them. Some minding their own business.

An old man wobbled at them and asked 'Good Elvish lord and Lady of Almeria. What shall I tempt you with?'.

'Ale and your freshly loaf bread and stew' Tyrill ordered to which the man wobbled back to the counter and ordered to a young woman there.

Tyrill pulled Aerona to the lonely corner of the tavern.

People still stared at them and Aerona was the only one who felt uncomfortable. 'Do you not feel their eyes on you Lord Tyrill' she whispered to him.

'I receive this everywhere I go. So I give them no mind' he said and the people who heard it turned their heads ashamed.

A young beautiful woman strutted to them and placed their order on the table. Two tankard of ale in front of them, warm stew and bread on a basket.

Aerona just decided to ignore the girl who began swooning at Tyrill.

Tyrill passed six silver coins to the woman. She took it while running her fingers on Tyrill's hand on purpose.