Chapter Twelve

I'm bored so stay tuned.

KC-well MJ currently is lucky that she wore the extra jacket around her waist when going out to start her new job. The September air is colder than it is in D.C and the jacket is saving her from goosebumps. She stays in the main area of where Spider-Man patrols looking  out for the arachnid themed hero.  Aimeless wondering isn't her thing but she has Marissa to help her.  She looks up at the sky and sees him swinging somewhere, her pursuit is quick enough to keep his trail it's a jog however and won't help her stamina.

The spy hears the pew noise of a laser almost immediately and runs in that direction. Her adrenaline kicking in on instinct, and she has to remind herself that she is not fighting but a news reporter.  There's a guy with laser guns and he has bags of something, presumably cash or drugs. MJ gets on her camera and starts taking pictures of the bad guys discreetly waiting for Spider-Man to show up.

The fight in its own wasn't interesting. The villains got six minutes of fighting max and Spider-Man won by a landslide. The only good thing about this is that she got more information on the Spider leaving less people to question in this crowded place.
She sees something purple glowing in the alleyway and walks towards it. She recognizes it as some sort of alien technology. 'The Organization will probably want to run tests on this. I'll bring it back home with me.' She picks it up and pockets the tech. 
Time skip
"Okay so maybe experimenting on this glowy thingy wasn't a good idea." Marissa comments. "I left you alone for 5 minutes and my jacket is up in flames. How? How?" KC says very much so exasperated. " Yeah I'mma just." Marissa just walks out leaving KC to put out the fire.

Pretty short chapter but I want to switch perspectives. Also KC's character is tricky for me so any advice to make it more canon-like is appreciated!