"So these guys have super soldiers, an expert military strategist, and a Clairvoyant who can see the future," Skye clarified. "Anyone else thinking about switching teams?"

"They couldn't have a psychic," Coulson said. "There are none on the index. They're a myth."

"So was Thor," Y/N said. "And Loki. And we both know all too well that they're both very real."

"Maybe it's an alias. Run it through our database and see if anything pops up. Ward is approaching Hayward's sister now."

~~~

After Ward and Coulson returned, the Bus was immediately up in the air heading for Oakland, California. Where Brian Hayward was supposedly. Y/N was siting on the ramp of the plane, twirling the phone in her hand. She was debating with herself whether or not to listen to one of Tony's many voicemails.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ward's voice broke through her thoughts. She glanced at Ward as he came to sit beside her.

"How could you tell?" Y/N asked.

"You've been sitting here twirling that phone since we took off over an hour ago. What's wrong?"

"Tony wouldn't let me leave. He didn't want me to come on this mission. So I knocked him out."

"You knocked him out?"

"Yeah," Y/N nodded, biting her lip. "Knocked him out and left him there."

"So I guess he's not too happy then."

"Nope." She shook her head.

"When we dropped you off, he was so worried. I never thought Iron Man had that side to him."

"Save's it for me. He has a big heart, which is why he's Iron Man. He just feels that if people knew that, they would see weakness in him... Kind of like you, Agent Ward."

"Like me?"

"Your file and you yourself say that you aren't a people person. Yet here you are, asking me what's wrong."

Ward chuckled. "I'm just trying here, okay?"

"Okay, okay," Y/N laughed. "It's a good try though."

"So, what's holding you back from calling him?"

"Oh, I'm not ready to call him... I'm just debating on whether or not I want to listen to his voicemails."

"Well," Ward smacked his thighs as he stood up, "let me know if need a sparing partner to take out your feelings on."

"Thanks, Ward. I'll keep that in mind."

~~~

Eventually it was time for the team to suit up. Mike came down the stairs, dressed in his new gear Fitz-Simmons had made.

"I think it's quite smart," Simmons commented.

"How does it feel?" Fitz asked.

"Feels good," Mike replied. "Comfortable."

"Having powers is cheating," Ward said, "but the suit's pretty cool."

"It's perfect for an array of tactical missions," Fitz stated.

"Yeah," Simmons agreed. "Also measures your heart rate, systolic pressures, and glucose levels."

"All while providing state-of-the-art ballistic protection."

"Why didn't we get one of those?" Y/N muttered to Ward. "Isn't our safety just as important?"

Ward chuckled. "Why don't you have Stark make you a special suit?"