𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"May..." He issues a warning. His raspy voice, fuck. I hesitated before rolling my eyes once more.

His hands find my neck, grasping it tightly. Shit.

"I warned you not to roll your eyes at me."

"Fuck... you," A whimper escaped my lips. Suddenly and without warning, he aggressively kisses my lips. That sensation has returned, and I am feeling amazing, but we should not be doing this.

I withdraw my lips away from him and stare him down. I know I should hate him, and I do. It's just... I can't explain it.

"Lorenzo... we can't."

"Enzo." What?

"You know we can't."

"Enzo." I offer him a perplexed expression.

"Call me Enzo." Oh.

"Enzo we-"

"Again." Huh?

"Say it again."

"Um, Enzo we-"

"Again." What's his deal?

"Enzo, stop it!" I shout angrily.

"You've only addressed me as Lorenzo on two occasions. I don't like it." He turns away. Twice? I've only said it once.

"What do you mean?" He is deafeningly silent. I follow him as he sits on the side of the bed.

"What is your problem? You fucking humiliated me in front of everyone yesterday, then called me a slut in front of your men, and then you fucking kiss-"

"Maylene."

"You're a real dick, you know that?"

"I know, baby," he says with a chuckle.

"I hate you so much."

"The feelings are mutual."

As the door swings open, I gasp. Kaiser and Amira enter the room. Amira rushes over to me and hugs me tightly.

"What did you do to her?" She finally says as she breaks away from the hug.

"It's fine, Amira; let's just go," I murmur softly.

"No, what's going on? Your stuff is gone too..."

"I told you not to do it," Kaiser says, staring at Enzo. What?

"Do what?" Mira inquires. Enzo turns to the side.

"What's going on? Tell me." She demands.

"I..." I'm at a loss for words.

"He blackmailed her." Kaiser completes the task for me. I'm not sure how Amira will react to this.

"What? And you didn't tell me." She gives him a cold stare.

"And you," she says, pointing to me. "You lied to me?" I think I hear her voice fall apart.

"And you're simply an asshole, so I'm not surprised." Enzo earns a scoff from her.

"Let's just go, Mira." She doesn't say anything, but she grabs my arm and leads me out of the room.

As we pass Kaiser, I notice she shoves past him.

"Amira... I'm sorry."

"I'm not." I'm proud of Amira for standing her ground.

"Fuck, Amira, I really am sorry." I can tell he's distressed by the tone of his voice. She merely glares at him.