He also looked very involved in the performance. Maybe it was because of the feeling of the song, maybe because he was very anxious, or it was just acting. In any case, the facials were perfect and not a single expression seemed fake.

When the song was coming to an end, and he hadn't stopped dancing a single second, a particular verse was coming. San, who had recognised the song, which was Habit from Seventeen, stayed still in anticipation.

He won't sing it after all this dance. It's hard.

His breath was stopping in his throat, as Wooyoung did a perfect high note at the end, continuing the chorus staying still. Then, he resumed his dancing and went on to the conclusion.

차라리 네가 힘들었으면
힘들어서 생각도
하고 그랬으면 좋겠어
나도 아무렇지 않고 싶은데

I rather wish that you were having a rougher time
I want you to think of me
Because it's hard
I want to be okay too...

Wooyoung basically ran back to his place, brushing his cheeks which were now wet. He held them back for the whole song but couldn't go on it anymore. He couldn't see the standing ovation the finalists made for him, because his gaze was too humid and foggy.

He couldn't see how Choi San had stood up before anyone else, with wet eyes and the proudest look ever on his face. If this performance could be the real entry for that final round, he'd have ranked #1. For sure. San was sure that no one in that room, including the nine finalists, had done such a great performance. Neither him, or Seonghwa, or whoever else. If this wasn't enough to let him back in, he honestly didn't know. And he was ready to punch every single person of the audience right in the middle of their faces to if not voting for Wooyoung.

Not that anyone inside here had ever doubted about his capability, but no other ex-contestant had been able to prepare such a great stage by himself, too. In the program, they had choreographers, vocal coaches and some more mentors; in their agencies, they didn't. Basically, this time, they had to set up everything by themself. And while the others pushed on the power, on the dance and the stage presence, Wooyoung decided to bet on the singing. His weak point which had always made him uncomfortable. Because if they kicked me out once, they're going to do again if I do the same things. And they know what I'm capable of.

He couldn't know that the judges were impressed for real by that. Because they knew that the eliminated didn't have the same possibilities and time of the others to prepare. And because he had been the best despite every working condition, previous issue or emotional disease.

The fifteen trainees were called back on the stage as some commercial break aired, to give time to count all the votes and make the graphics. These for sure had been Wooyoung's longest minutes of his life. Longer than the evaluation day after the training months. Longer than the drive home when he was kicked out.

He stayed still in his place, eyes still humid and directed to his feet, as he didn't have enough nerve to face the sight of the screen. As soon as the presenter started talking again, repeating all their names and starting to show the graphics, he was forced to lift his gaze, brushing his eyes. He couldn't know that San was about to choke on his own oxygen for the waiting. And so were Seonghwa and Yeosang, and his other friends. Because San hasn't been the only one missing Wooyoung, especially considering his talent, which he managed to show once again, and they were all still shocked for that performance.

Then, all the pictures became desaturated, as the two winners were highlighted.

Kim Soobin

Jung Wooyoung

Some seconds of silence followed the announcement. Wooyoung took a deep breath and stayed in hid place, looking at the other thirteen trainees walking back to their spots, while he and Soobin had to stay there, on the stage. His breath was becoming faster, and he was having a very hard time holding back all his tears.

Right after, they showed the percentage of the votes, and Wooyoung had like 10% more than Soobin, so a lot more than all the others. That's when he covered his face with a hand because he couldn't hold the crying back anymore, visibly sobbing out loud and turned the back to the cameras, while the presenter was saying something else about the finals and the competition. But, as usual, Wooyoung needed his time to process the announcement.

He, despite almost drowning in his own tears, not only felt happy, but most of all, proud.

I made it.

Again. 

.

.

PEOPLE 

IGHIFHGIUFG 

i hope you are not disappointed with this!! i wasn't sure if going on with the story like this or in a totally different and "negative" way fjdghfugi maybe i'll rewrite also the other option someday 👀

i also started writing another story, which i'm still not sure about but you can check it anyway if you're curious, since this one is really going to an end