XVI

Dinner time was coming. The guys were drenched in sweat and bad feelings towards the tomorrow performance.

"No, it's not when three-four-five but three-and-four, tac tac, then you push during five-six and finally seven-eight you stay still. You got it, Jeongin?" Wooyoung's eyes were about to explode. Deep dark-circles were the most vibrant thing on his unusually pale face. He was everything but calm at the moment. Jeongin kept got the beat wrongly on the music. Wooyoung didn't want to be rude, but that's exactly the way he had acted for the previous two hours.

His group was made of Yeonjun, Jeongin, Jisung, Winwin, Kai and Jisung, again, whom they called Han not to confuse between the two. They all spent the previous days to practice almost all the day long. If it were up to Wooyoung, they'd skip meals and sleep time to practice, but of course no one seemed to accept these working conditions.

Furthermore, Wooyoung tried to act as a leader, but then he could only shut up during the singing practice or Jisung would punch him. They were a good couple of leaders, after all.
And they were also a good team, too.

If just Jeongin could catch this damn beat.

"Listen, Wooyoung... It's late, we're beat. Please, we need to rest a bit. We can practice tomorrow morning before going on air." Kai was praising him with his eyes. The others all agreed but no one had enough courage to face the overworked Wooyoung.

"No way. We still don't get that part of the choreo.
Don't you remember who we are facing? There's San, Seonghwa, Yeosang in the enemy group. They're among the best, here.
Do you want to come back home? Glad for you to love so much your mother, but I want to stay here. I haven't wasted the past two months to get slapped off in the first episode." Wooyoung nervously passed his fingers through his shapeless and slightly damp hair, his eyes about to shot laser beam if it was possible. Never in his life he had felt so stressed and pissed off by something.

Yeonjun gave a look to all the others. There wasn't a single possibility they could handle a minute more of practice.
He walked to Wooyoung's direction, aware of being the only one able not to be eaten by his anger.

"Woo, look... It's true that that point of the choreo isn't turning out good, but we don't know if the other group is going to do a perfect dance performance. Remember, we also have to sing. Don't focus on a single detail.
And we're tired... You know too well we can't practice good if we're this tired.
Come on." Yeonjun voice was calm and lovely, but his expression betrayed his good intentions. He was exhausted, too. And despite his relationship with Wooyoung, and being aware of this attitude during training and practice, he needed to eat. A lot. And sleep even more.

Wooyoung stared deeply into the taller's dark eyes before saying anything.

Why no one wants to work, here?
Why am I the only one who seems to care about even the smallest details?

"Fine. Go wherever you want.
I'm staying here, if you want to come after dinner." His voice flat as his will to live in that particular moment.

"You should come eat somethi-"

"I'm not hungry now. See you back at the room." Wooyoung cut the other off.

Of course, he wasn't about to comeback in the room. Well, not soon, at least. The same as the others not coming to practice again.

___ • ___

Midnight

That's when Wooyoung slowly walked into the dark room. Yeonjun was already asleep. Probably he went sleeping right after dinner, he didn't look alive at all. On the other hand, Wooyoung gave himself a couple more hours of practicing.