VI

A punky pinky haired boy reached the mics in front of all, gaining Wooyoung's attention. So, his name was Choi San. Wooyoung was very curious about his singing performance. He seemed to be more prepared as a dancer, so he wasn't expect a great one. Maybe I'm better than him, after all.

"I'm singing Our Season by Jonghyun."

The music started and the air felt very humid. Like even the oxygen was sweating for the waiting.
Then, an angelic and apparently deep voice came out the pinky's mouth, leaving everyone without a word to say. Wooyoung, but you could bet anyone there, was mesmerized by that voice.

The brunette's heartbeat seemed to follow the slow and sweet music, together with the boy's voice. He was playing with the his vocal chords making it slightly higher or lower. Everyone in the room disappeared. That hypnotic sound was reverberating in his chest and his head. Wooyoung felt pressure under his eyes, like he was about to cry. He actually was about to cry, like San had managed to discover a certain hidden nerve that tickled his tear ducts.

San sang as he was having a moment between him and himself only, not caring at all about the lesson and the others' opinion.
It finished before he could realise it. He just broke into a little dimpled smile and put the microphone back on his stand, breaking the surreal atmosphere.

"Well, guys, we've finished for today. Thanks to everyone, I think you'll be a great class to work with.
See you tomorrow."

The crowd of boys started to recollect their bags. Wooyoung was drowning in a worrying silence. He stayed still in his place, some little tears fading through his skin. San's voice was replaying over and over again in his mind, absorbing all the energy left in his body. Before he could think about it, he got up, took his bag really fast and ran out of the room. He just started wandering around for the closest toilet, he couldn't wait even a second more.

"What... Where is he going?" Seonghwa pointed at the rushing figure of his.

"Oh, well... I guess it's one of his, you know, rejecting moments. We all have them. And I also know he wants to stay alone when it happens. He doesn't feel good at singing, that's all." Yeonjun scroll his shoulders without minding looking at the other one.

"But... He's good, isn't he? Why does he feel so bad?"

"Don't mind him. I already told you, every of us have his insecurities and weak moments. Wooyoung probably didn't expect such great vocalists, but it was obvious. He's not going to give up on the very first day, don't worry. In a couple of hours he'll be back fresh and clean and tougher than ever."

Toilet... Where the fuck are you...

The running shadow kept wandering in the corridor and then the hall, until he could find some silent place, finally. He immediately shut one single bathroom's door and sat on the ground. That's when he couldn't hold the tears anymore: rivers of salted liquid started to fall from his now red and swollen eyes.

He wasn't sure anymore about the reason which made him feel like this. Was it San's voice? Was it his inability of having the same emotional impact on people?

The little space felt even smaller. Wooyoung gasped in needing of air to breath.

Don't throw up. Don't.
You weak, it's the very first day and you're already having a panic attack? Are you freaking serious?
Idiot.

Some knocks on the door made him shot his widening eyes towards the door.

"S-Someone's here!"

He totally forgot he was in a common bathroom. He rushed into taking his stuff and wiping his eyes, then opened the door looking at his feet.

"S-sorry for taking l-long..." he coughed and landed to the sink.

"No problem.
Excuse me... Are you okay?" San couldn't help but notice the awful mood the other was stuck in. He wasn't sure if trying to brush his arm to comfort him could be a great choice.

"Yes, Ey-I am." Wooyoung wiped his eyes again and turned on the water. When he had this kind of panic attacks, he just preferred to stay alone but didn't even want to bother someone else just because of his bad thoughts.
But when I looked at himself at the mirror, the sight of who was talking to him could even manage to distract his attention from his terrible red face.
He started to feel his heart like it was about to explode. Loud sighs leaving his lips, while staring directly into the pink's eyes.

Was it anger?

San, on the other hand, was really confused about that look. Did he do anything bad?

"Sorry, I didn't want to bother you. You just didn't look at your best, that's all. I was just wondering if you needed hel-"

"I don't. I... Have to go." Wooyoung washed again his face and right after rushed to exit that room, which started to feel very oppressive.

San stayed still in his place, still confused about what happened or what he did wrong. That guy was really strange.
He remembered him from the previous dance lesson. It was hard not to notice how good he looked in his large red sweater and his little ponytail, actually. And he was very confident at moving on the music.
By the way, he must have done something wrong to piss him off that much but he honestly couldn't figure out what.

He finished his business there and washed his face trying to focus on himself this time. It was his time now to push away bad feelings. He did a great performance, was he allowed to feel bad because he did good?

This feeling is going to destroy me if I can't handle it.
And it's just the first day.

Differently from the first guy, San just took some long breaths and then walked out the room, ready to have a full lunch and to drown his worries in food.

Even if they couldn't know, they reached the canteen together. Wooyoung landing to Yeonjun's table, together with their two rommates, then Seonghwa e Hongjoong. San went to Yeosang, who was sat with Jongho and other people he didn't know. He hasn't spoken to anyone neither during the singing class.

"Hey, San! This is Jongho, and the others are Yunho, Winwin and Jisung.
Winwin is chinese, but he's pretty good at korean.
You did very good at your singing performance, by the way." Yeosang shifted his eyes on his food while pronouncing the last words.

San just greeted the others with a little smirk, and started eating, silent. He could still feel the tension between himself and Yeosang but wanted to avoid any type of conflict, at the moment.
He wasn't sure anymore if trying to ignore everyone could be a great strategy, actually. The others at the table were staring at him, not stressing about him being friendly but still wondering, in their minds, why he still haven't said a single word. He didn't look shy at all.

San was just trying to think what could work the best for Yeosang and him.

"Hey, Winwin! I saw you at the dance lesson. We were in the same group, weren't we?
You're really good!" San tried to join the group this way, maybe complimenting the others would help this bad feeling to fade?

"You were good to! How long did you study dance?"

"Actually... I never did. I just had trained for six months.

"What?! You cannot be serious. You're a real talent! You and Yeosang train together, right?" Winwin started to sing the praises of him, making San wonder that maybe staying silent would have been a better choice. Instead, Yeosang was the one becoming silent, now.

Aish.

-

-

bonus chapter today bc it's my birthday eheheh
you will learn in the next ones that wooyoung with ponytail is literally my weakness, I can't blame san if he noticed the other dancing 
👀👀

last thing i want to say is that i'd like so bad to see san covering some jonghyun's songs FOIHGIF i think his voice would be perfect for them but i guess it will never happen sigh