"Yes, Your Majesty." The two of them left the room, Jungkook exhaling deeply. As much as he disliked the prince's attitude towards his subjects, he couldn't help but feel utterly gratified. He had thought Taehyung would just carelessly let him starve like an old church rat but truthfully, he had an entire trolley of food for himself. That definetely cheered him up.

Just as he was about to see what kind of astonishing food was under the cloches, the door opened once again and in strutted Taehyung with Jimin hot on his heels. "I knew I had forgotten it. My emerald ring, gifted by my dearest cousin Hoseok and his noble family. Will you please fetch it for me, Jimin?" The blonde bowed, moving towards the prince's dressing table that looked as if literal fairies had made it, so fragile-looking it might have been made out of pure porcellain.

Taehyung placed one hand in front of his face and looked down on it as if examining all the glorious rings wrapped around his fingers. At first, he didn't even realize Jungkook was awake and when he did, he just gave a curt nod. "I see you have awaken, Jungkook. I wish you a pleasant morning." When the brunette did nothing but wave awkwardly, the prince slightly scoffed at his antics, not used to this sort of behaviour.

"I have had a change of heart, Jimin. I am not so keen on eating with my family, after all. I shall enjoy my meal in here and leave the castle after. If my father asks you anything, tell him I have gone riding." Jimin's eyes widened in outrage.

"B-But Your Majesty... This is a King's order, do you really wish to defy him and infuriate him further?" Taehyung shrugged, pouring himself a glass of what looked like fresh milk.
"Allow me, Your Majesty!" His servant rushed to his aid immediately.

"I could not be less interested in what my father thinks of me. He shall know I do not listen to his or anyone else's orders, whomever they might come from," He gripped his glass delicately, taking a huge sip of it. "You may share my food. There is too much of it either way. Then I will take you to the sewing room instead of Jimin and if my father's guards should swarm around, we might have to hide out at my fantastic pavillion Rosaly." He then gasped, apparently having changed his mind once again.

"Forget everything I have just said. Please fetch us a picnic basket, Jimin. We shall enjoy all of these delicacies peacefully in the garden, the sun is shining brilliantly as we speak. The sight will be simply sublime," he exclaimed, looking very excited all of a sudden. Shaking his head with a tut, Jimin nevertheless bowed and moved towards the kitchen to get a picnic basket obediently.

Taehyung clapped his hands after slipping his newly found emerald ring onto his little finger with a little smile. "Will you get dressed? You will get your new garments today. I feel very keen on watching the sun rise with all the roses swaying around in the morning breeze," he spoke, sounding very dreamy all of a sudden.

Jungkook, who was watching him in surprise, nodded hesitantly. "Won't your dad be mad with you, though?," he asked carefully.

Taehyung threw the tight uniform from yesterday towards him. Sitting back on his canopy bed with one leg draped over the other, he scoffed.
"I have stopped paying attention to what my father thinks a long time ago."

°○●○●○°

"Jungkook? Please, Jungkook!"

Two boys were aimlessly stumbling across the forest, completely covered in dirt and sweat as the sun had shone brightly above their faces, peeking out from between the branches and thoroughly grilling them before eventually retreating. Their throats were sore and their bodies ached horribly, but all they could do was keep shouting and walking around their whereabouts to find their friend.

"Kook, please answer! Where are you?," one of them shouted, the other falling onto his knees in exhaustion. He tried to stop the other by grabbing his arm and shaking his head.
"I don't think there's any hope, Yoongi. He's not anywhere around here. His bike's missing too," he panted.

Yoongi turned around to face him abruptly, devastation written clearly on his face. "So you suggest we do what? Just give up? What if he's in danger or something? What if he's somewhere in this forest, all alone without any idea where to go?," he cried. Yugyeom shook his head, just as desperately.

"Maybe... Maybe he already got out. Maybe the storm carried him to the edge of the forest and he went into town to get some help." Yoongi did not look convinced in the slightest.
"You know damn well that's just wishful thinking. This forest is deeper and messier than anything any of us has ever seen!"

"Don't you think we should call the police? Maybe they can search for him, organize a search party if they don't find--" The shorter scoffed dismissively.
"And when did the police ever search the forests thoroughly enough? Everyone's scared like shit of this place, no one wants to be here."

"What other option do we have? Scream our lungs out and not find him? C'mon Yoongi, calling for help is our only option." Yoongi sighed deeply.
"But what if he's still somewhere out here? What if he needs us?," he asked a bit more softly.

Yugyeom got up again and laid a soothing hand on his shoulder. "We've searched everywhere we could. Getting help is safer and more effective! The edge of the forest is right there, I can tell. Please take my advice and let's search for a police station." As he gave his friend a pleading look, Yoongi sighed once again.

"Okay, fine. But promise me we'll never give up on finding him, until he comes back for real." The dirty blonde nodded.

"Of course. I promise."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: you may wonder why nothing exciting is happening atm but i need the whole vibe and atmosphere of the castle to properly sink in and that might take a while so yeah lots of fillers and stuff to get accomodated i guess? :D

also, it's bts' 8th anniversary!!!?#! only the 3rd anniversary i've experienced properly by their side but every second of it was a blessing, bts are my biggest motivation to breathe, live and love and for that i'm very thankful and will forever be💜 may these precious humans get everything they wish for and live the happiest and purest lives they can🥺🥺💜

as always, thank you loads for reading i luv ya💜💜)