4. Not a Game

Começar do início

Ritsuko: "Says the woman that's living with him. His maintenance is part of your job, you know that right?"

Misato: "Technically speaking. There's just a lot more sides to him that I didn't really expect."

Ritsuko: "Complaining already? You're the one who took him in." She said saying, getting a kick out of Misato's impulsive thinking.

Misato: "Oh shut up. I didn't mean it that way."

Ritsuko: "You're right though, from what I've been able to tell, Y/n's personality may not be geared towards making friends, he doesn't usually put out what's going on inside his head."

Ritsuko: "Have you ever heard of the Hedgehog's dilemma?"

Misato: "I've seen Sonic."

Ritsuko: "Good enough, see, with hedgehogs even if they want to get close to one another for warmth, the closer they get, the more at risk they become to hurt each other with the quills on their bodies. Its really no different for people. Y/n is worried about what will happen if he let's people in too close. And that's made him pull away from people."

Misato: "Then what about Rei, recently I've heard that Y/n has been eating with her at school?"

Ritsuko: "I think, that since Rei doesn't really react or hide stuff from others, Y/n feels more calm around her. There also is the fact that they both are fairly quiet on their own, so they wouldn't really be a bother on each other."

Misato: "Well, I hope he manages to figure it out someday. Part of growing up is letting those people in and getting hurt sometimes, to keep letting people in till you can find that safe distance where you can be close without hurting each other too much."

*School*

Walking into class today was not interesting either. Right from when I opened the door to sitting down in my seat. There were whispers from the class. Looks like Toji and his friend spilled the beans... I should've expected. Once class continued I could feel the eyes of the people around me, especially one pair of eyes, Toji Suzuhara. He was not letting up. My god, lay off for once would you? It's extremely annoying and tiring. Yeah sure, your sister's hurt, but she's not dead. You don't have to look at me like I'm committing mass genocide.

One pair of eyes did not react to me like I was a wolf among sheep, that was Rei. She just sat there by the window, looking out. I wonder if she gets bullied for being a pilot too..... *Sigh* Hopefully not.

Once lunch had come, I went to the roof. Seems like that's the only place that is devoid of people. Well, except for Rei, who is standing over me as I lied down on the ground listening to that same damn music.

 Well, except for Rei, who is standing over me as I lied down on the ground listening to that same damn music

Rei: "There's an emergency, come on let's go." as she then jogged off.

Y/n: *sigh* "...Alright."

-------------------------------------------------------------------