[Five]

"So that didn't go as planned, huh?"

~Deanna's POV~

Pulling down the shirt, I sit up. "Thanks, Lemar." I give him a weak smile and turn to look at him. He was so friendly to patch me up.

"Don't mind it," he smiles back.

Confused, John looks back and forth between me and Lemar. I ignore him, blending him out, and watch the nature we're passing. Sadly, he can't keep his mouth closed. "How do you two know each other?"

"If you would pay attention to the people, if you would actually care, you'd know." I respond harshly. Not like he would care anyway. "Cabrón."
(Dick.)

"Wow, we have an attitude today, huh?"

"Escucha, pequeña mierda-" Lemar shakes his head at me with an apologetic look. Clearing my throat, I lean back and cross my arms in front of my chest. "I just happen to be the person remodelling your suit, putting the newest technology into it, and so on. But, of course, just an attitude. Is it enough if I play the 'because I'm female, so I must have an attitude'-card, or do you want me to pull out the 'she's a Latina, of course she has an attitude'-card too?"
(Listen, you little shit-)

John puts his hands up in defence and quickly draws his attention to something, or someone, else. The driver honks and I turn around to see Sam and Bucky. Automatically, my lips form a smile. They're alright.

Of course, John has to open his mouth, again. "So that didn't go as planned, huh?" Lemar opens the door for them to get in, but they ignore Walker. "Okay." The door closes again, and the driver starts the engine, the car starts to move again. "Let's keep going."

Oh, really, John? I thought the car would just roll on the same spot forever. I roll my eyes and gestures to Lemar, silently asking him to make space for me. I don't want to risk sitting next to Barnes. He gets it and shifts to the side, making space for me; Walker just follows his gesture.

"Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh? And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three, so..."

"Pendejo," I mumble to myself.
(Asshole.)

Sam hides a grin. "Aliens, androids, or wizards?"

"Pretty sure."

Now Barnes chimes in. "There's no such thing as wizards."

"Yeah, yeah, we're not going after Gandalf, we know," I chuckle at my own, quiet joke.

Walker ignores what I said and continues. "Then it's aliens, or androids..."

"Or Super Soldiers." Birdie answers.

It's sort of attractive how they both keep walking at the same pace. 

"Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?" The new Captain asks.

No, Bucky's a joke. Obviously. Doesn't even exist. Or Steve, Steve died and came back as super hot ghost.

Wilson nods. "Yeah."

"Wow. All right, well, then we gotta work together."

"That's not happening." Just this once, Barnes' is speaking from my soul.

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just-"

"Just 'cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America." Barnes and I state in union. A little bit startled, we look at each other, but we don't let the others see. Maybe I could just take a quick glimpse into his mind, see what he's thinking? No, I don't do that kind of stuff.