thirty one

Chapter thirty one

Mallie Reynolds

I finally got Jack's number after scrolling through my blocked instagram accounts and DMing him. I didn't really want to contact him or any of the other guys but it was smart and maybe we can get more info out of him.

When I called him, he answered right away.

"Well this is rare," he says, laughing and it immediately pisses me off.

"Cut the shit Jack. What did you tell this unknown number about me?" Obviously I already knew the answer due to seeing the article but I wanted to hear his side.

"Well hello to you too," he says and I roll my eyes. "How did you find out about that?"

"I have sources. Now what did this person sound like?"

"It was a deep voice, hard to tell which gender it was. And I was being threatened so I obviously had to tell the truth about us. I guess this unknown number was the tabloids trying to get out stuff about you. I don't know how they know about our past though."

"Fuck," I curse into the phone. He was right, how did they know about us though? I think Jack and I talked for like two weeks and hooked up a few times, that was it. Nothing serious.

"Can't believe you're some big celebrity now," Jack tells me.

"I'm not," I say to him.

"Well your boyfriend is."

Ew can he stop.

"Whatever Jack. I just wish you didn't tell them something as embarrassing as giving you a blow job. I'm fucking mortified that the whole world knows that now."

And just as I am about to hang up, he starts talking.

"Mallie I can reverse what I said," he says and I'm instantly taken aback. This was a change of character for him.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I can tell the news that I made it all up."

"Wait, you would actually do that?"

"Of course Mallie. I don't want there to be any bad blood between us," he tells me. "I know we ended things badly and it led to you blocking me but I've changed and I don't want you to hate me anymore."

I almost laugh when he says change. I swear all guys say that.

"I don't hate you Jack," I tell him. "Everything is in the past now but this means alot to me if you actually reverse your statement like you said."

"I promise I will. I'll get in contact with ENews and do it right after we hang up."

Thank God.

"Now before you leave can you tell me what the number was that called you? I'm gonna write it down so I could maybe gather evidence from it," I tell him, reaching over and grabbing a pen and paper from my desk.

"Evidence? What are you talking about?" he asked me.

I was not about to tell him about the clown and various other weird things that have been happening to us.

"Long story."

He doesn't question it and tells me the number that called him. I quickly wrote it down, thanked him, then hung up.

Now, I hope he stays true to his word and actually tells the news he lied. It would clear up my name a little bit.

I grab the paper with the number and walk back into the living room where my friends were. They were supposed to be calling the other guys and warning them.