twenty one

Chapter twenty one

Mallie Reynolds

A few days have passed since I found out about the stalker and the second letter. Officer Samson called us yesterday but he had no suspects or any new information. It worried me. This person is either really good at hiding or we are just overlooking the whole thing. I've been on the lookout ever since I found out.

I was deciding if I should tell Luke about it all. I didn't want him to think it was his fault since the latter was warning me to stay away from him but I also didn't want to hide anything from him like the deal we made earlier in the week. But I also didn't want it to be a reason I had to stay away from him. I was going to his house later tonight to see him so I will probably end up telling him then. Maybe he will know what to do.

Luke also mentioned to me that the tour starts in two weeks and I was stressed about that. We've talked about it occasionally but not too seriously. We also weren't official yet which worried me about how the tour was going to go. My feelings for him were so strong that not seeing him one day hurts so I can't imagine what four months would be like. It was strange for me to have feelings so fast for a man. It has never happened to me before.

I was excited for Malibu though. My friends and I have all asked off for that weekend and I couldn't wait to see the guys play live. It was going to be so much fun. At least I had that to look forward to.

It was Thursday and McKayla somehow convinced me to go get coffee with her and Hayden. She asked the other girls but they said no so I said I would go. I was trying to be a good friend and give Hayden a chance even though he wasn't my favorite person in the world.

We pulled up to the coffee shop that was on the strip where we were last week. It was really cute and was Paris themed. There were only a few people sitting outside but I had on sunglasses and a hoodie just in case. I didn't really want any more publicity.

We get out of the car and McKayla runs off towards the coffee shop, leaving me. Well thanks.

I watched her run to one of the outside tables where a guy in a black pullover and jeans was sitting. He gives her a hug and a quick kiss. Then they turn to look at me.

It was Hayden.

He smiles at me and McKayla waves me over.

Here we go.

I lock my car then walk over to where they were standing by a table.

"Hey Hayden," I say, faking a smile.

"Hey Mallie, how are you?" He asks me.