Chapter 38 - Your Smile

Feliciana's (Tasumi) eyes widened as Kaneki charged at Florencio from behind.

"Big brother!"

Grunting, Kaneki leaped away just in time when the kakuja swung its kagune at him.

'I'll be....with big brother again.'

She ran.

'I want to....be with big brother again!'

Blood poured out of her chest as Miyo landed an attack on her, eyes narrowed.

"M-Miyo...." Kiori stammered.

Blood dripping down her chin, Feliciana continued to run towards Florencio whose kagune crawled back into his body as he ran towards her too.

Taking this as a chance, Kaneki sprinted towards him.

'Is he....ignoring me?' Kaneki thought with wide eyes.

His kagune sliced through Florencio's chest.

The ghoul glared at him before forcefully pulling it out, continuing to run towards Feliciana until he collapsed.

"B-Big brother...." Feliciana stammered, slowly getting on her knees as she lifted her brother up gently.

"Oi....Useless....." Florencio muttered as his wound slowly healed.

Flashback (In Spanish)

"Piece of shit, I'll kill him, shit, piece of SHIT!" Florencio growled as he kicked an oil bucket repeatedly, the oil slowly leaking out.

Brushing his hair, he gazed at the skies before turning back to Feliciana.

"Oi. Clean it up."

"H-Hai!" Feliciana stammered, turning to the spilled oil.

"OI, BRAT! WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

A man came storming over to the two.

"Do you know how much that is? You don't just go kicking open oil buckets like that!" The man yelled, voice full of rage. "You know? I can just kill you right here and right now!"

"Worthless shit?" Florencio glanced at the man with his cold blue eyes. "Say that to my face after I beat you to a bloody pulp."

"B-Big brother, I don't think we should-"

"Who gave you the permission to talk?" Florencio's head spun towards Feliciana who flinched.

"I-I'm sorry....."

"What are you doing here, anyways? Get the fuck out of here, you filth!" The man sneered. "Tis place isn't for a worthless brat like you!"

"You're....." Florencio muttered as his eyes shifted red, his kagune crawling out of his back. "....so annoying."

Before the man could say anything else, Florencio's kagune pierced through his head, slicing it into half.

"Oh dear, would you look at this."

Florencio glanced up to see a woman in a dress staring at the body. "You killed one of our workers....that's not very nice."

"He should know his place," Florencio scoffed.

"But he still has a life," The woman stated, eyes cold as ice. "Then would you mind if I killed that little girl next to you?"

Feliciana flinched, her eyes widening in fear.

"Take her. I could care less," Florencio growled.

Feliciana's shocked gaze landed on Florencio as her lips quivered.