A talk

Slim's POV
Friday, January 4th
7:00am

"Bae getcho ass up" I said snatching the covers off her. Yesterday she texted me saying she was going out with her friends. I was like okay.

That was at like 1 in the afternoon. She didn't end up coming home til 2 in the morning.

"Moveee" she groaned. "Nahh get up" I said pulling her by her feet. She started kicking so I let her go.

"Wake up" "Im up" she said huffing but her eyes were still closed. "What was you celebrating for yesterday?"

"A closed deal now can I go back to sleep?" "What's that?" "Slimmm" "okay okay" I said throwing the cover back on her. I walked out and downstairs.

KK not up yet. She'll probably be up around 8:30 or 9. The only reason I'm up is because Asjah called asking could I keep Zion today. I said yes so he's coming around 12:00.

Opening the fridge I grabbed me a bottle of orange juice and walked into the living room. I'll cook when everyone wakes up.

I propped my feet up and grabbed the remote. I heard footsteps so I looked towards the stairs and it was Kiarrah coming down.

She looked mad but also still sleepy. "What's wrong with you?" I asked tilting my head a little. She didn't say anything. Instead she came infront of me and yanked me up by my shirt.

I didn't ask no questions. I followed as she lead me back up the stairs and to our room. When we got to the bed she let go and pushed me down.

I just laid there on my back watching her. She cut the light off then climbed on me but to the side and laid her head on my chest.

"You snatched me up for this?" I asked laughing a little. "Yes cause why did you leave" "because I-" "shhh got to sleep" she said snuggling more into me.

I shook my head and wrapped an arm around her then kissed her forehead. She puckered her lips so I pecked them making her smile.

Guess we finna go back to sleep.

•••

"Okay so tell me why this is so important?" I asked talking about the deal. We're eating breakfast on the couch with Keialah and Zion at the kiddie table.

"I closed a deal. Promoting her business. Like I- just know that it's good. I can't really explain it" I just nodded.

"Well I'm proud of whatever you did" I said smiling. She shook her head and pecked my lips. "Thank you" she said softly.

As long as she getting money I don't care what she do. Imma always be proud of her accomplishments. I want nothing more than to see her successful.

"Can we talk?" She asked sitting her plate on the coffee table and turning her body to me. Oh shit. What I done did now. I swear I ain't did shit.

"Yeah sure" I said doing the same as her. "So as you know I closed the deal and shit. The girl I work for wants to- well is throwing me a party tomorrow. I want you to come and be my plus 1"

"Okayyyyy?" I dragged furrowing my eyebrows. I don't see the big deal on this. "But that's not all." I nodded for her to continue.

"The girl I work with she's uh your ex" she said staring at me. "My ex as in Iyonna?" I asked and she nodded. I shrugged but she continued to ramble.

"I know she hurt you and shit. I just don't want you to feel any type of way when you see her tomorrow. And I don't want you to feel like I hid it from you because I wasn't. I just didn't know how'd you react. Whether you'd leave me and go back to her. Or maybe wanna kill her or even-"