“Yep, looks like you fixed it” I said getting up and brushing myself off.

And just like that my door fell of it’s hinges landing with a big bang on the floor.

“Or not” I sighed. My parent’s were not going to be happy.

“Umm…sorry bout that” Nate smiled sheepishly.

I gave him a quick glare and crossed my arms over my chest.

“You’re paying for that” I told him coldly.

“Maybe if you hadn’t been blocking it, I wouldn’t of had to break it”

“I-“ Why bother? I was too tired to argue.

“Are you going to tell me what’s bothering you now?” Nate said.

I tried to look innocently confused. “What are you talking about?”

Nate sat on my bed making it slope downwards at an odd angle.

“I’ve known you long enough to know when something’s up. And you’re going to tell me right now” I was almost a little scared at the sound of his voice.

What was I upset about? I didn’t really know. I was annoyed at Jacob, but was I upset that Nate didn’t like me? No…just Jacob.

“You’re brother’s annoying me” I blurted out.

“How so?” Nate replied.

“You know you ask a lot of questions” I pointed out.

“That’s not what I asked”

I started to make my way out of the room but Nate blocked the door.

“Excuse me?”

His face hardened and a frown appeared on his face. I didn’t like it there. He looked much better smiling.

“You’re not going until you tell me what’s going on” Nate demanded.

Lie, lie lie.

“I’m sick of your brother hitting on my sisters” I exclaimed. That was partly true.

Nate gave me a confused look. “But he’s always hit on your sisters, he’s just joking Amy”

“Yeah, you might think that cos he’s your brother and all but I don’t like him joking around with my sisters!” I said raising my voice but whispering at the same time. Is that possible?

I noticed almost immediately the change in Nate’s body posture. He stiffened and began to tower over me. Great, he was suddenly in over protective brother mode.

“Back off Amy. Chill alright? My brother’s not doing anything wrong. He’s harmless”

I cringed away from him and I instantly saw guilt flash across his face.

“Look I’m sorry. Your brother’s fine. I’m just tired cos it’s like 3 in the morning dummy!” I said smiling.

Nate stood completely still. He didn’t buy it.

“Amy you know you suck at lying” He sighed.

“No I don’t” I said quite annoyed.

“Yes you do. I know every time you lie, it’s so easy to see”

I pondered this. “Well what about all the times you knew I was telling the truth but it turns out I’m so good a liar that I was actually lying but you thought I was telling the truth?” I pointed out.

“That makes absolutely no sense Amy and you know it”

“It so does make sense” I frowned.