Chapter 6.5 - Lyrical

Lyrical/ˈlirik(ə)l/ - beautiful expression of emotions

"How are we supposed to find something good about ourselves? The whole reason we hate ourselves... is because we can only see the parts we hate. So forcing ourselves to find 'good points' feels hollow, like we're making things up. It's not like that. That's not how it works."

A voice appears, startling them. "It's only when someone else says they love you that you're able to start loving yourselves. When someone accepts you, you find it within you to forgive yourself a little and start to love yourself. Is that along the lines of what you were going to say, Yuki?"

He nods mutely, surprised at her entrance and at how well she read him. Mayumi stops before the three of them and turns to Kisa. She bends down, cupping her face, wiping the tears away with a gentle smile. Kisa leans into her soft touch, feeling the warmth that emitted from her hands.

"Yeah..." Yuki and Hatsuharu's eyes widen when she finally speaks. "Yeah... Yeah... It made me happy..."

"Kisa--"

"Kisa."
Hatsuharu stops as they look at Yuki.

"Kisa, what do you plan to do? Do you want to stay like this?"
She shook her head, looking down. "No... I can't. I need to try harder. Or... Or else I'll turn into an even worse person. Even if we can't be friends again... Even if they keep ignoring me... I have to make sure to try a little harder... or else."

Yuki moves to her left, crouching beside her sitting form. "That's right. Let's try." Kisa looks up from her lap to Yuki. "I'll try, too."

"Kisa," She turned to Mayumi in front, who was now holding her hands. "Even if you get sad again or if it's too painful for you to bear, come here. I'm sure she'll be here for you. Even if I can't make it, I trust in Tohru. She'll definitely be here, your safe haven."
Kisa nods, listening to her words.

"It's been a long time..." Kisa looks up at Hatsuharu, who has wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "I finally get to hear your voice again."

"Kisa, why don't we go pick up Tohru? I'm sure she'll be happy to hear your adorable voice for the first time," Mayumi offers, a smile on her face.

Kisa's cheek turns a little pink at the compliment, but nods her head regardless.

"Onee-chan..." A soft voice called out from behind Tohru as she came out of the building where she worked. She turns around in disbelief to see Kisa coming to her, Mayumi smiling and standing by Yuki, who is leaning against the railing. "Onee-chan."

Tohru lets out a loud gasp, her cheeks flushing red and her eyes sparkling at hearing Kisa's voice being used for the first time in her presence. She drops her bag to the ground as she meets Kisa halfway, hugging her as they kneel down. "Kisa-san!" Tohru's crying echoes out into the night, the sounds evident of her happiness and relief for the younger girl.