"She called and I didn't answer," responded Julian

"You want to make this right?" said Holloway "Then help get the jackass who did this."

"Even if it could be another SEAL, Sir?"

"They stopped being SEALs the moment they decided to do this."

Gibbs was in the Director's office with Sheperd and Commander Blackwell. The former came in requesting a private audience with them, he wanted to discuss Ballard's homicide.

"You think that this is part of some kind of organized hazing scandal?" asked Director Sheperd.

"I believe that it first originated about a year ago," said the Commander. "At first glance, it looked like inter-unit rivalries gone wrong, but then I contacted my counterparts on the west coast."

"They have similar issues?" questioned Gibbs.

"They do and I found some common faces, Lieutenant Swarek and Chief Petty Officer Niels both served on Team 7, but they were in separate platoons at the time."

Blackwell set some folders down and sat down.

"There were only reports of fights between team members, it looked like isolated events," continued Blackwell. "But when you compound them with the incidents involving non-SEALs, logistics specialists, Intelligence Officers, the likes."

"And the drug investigations?" said Gibbs.

"I don't have any evidence that supports a connection." said the Commander. "Normally, I would never even think of ruining the lives of other SEALs, but if they're endangering other sailors then something needs to be done."

"We appreciate your help, Commander," said Sheperd.

Just then Gibbs got a call from DiNozzo, not only was Niels' lawyer here but so was Lieutenant Swarek.

. . .

Commander Faith Coleman came in a little while after Niels' attorney did. Frederick Martin Esquire was of average height, stocky, and middle-aged. Thinning brown hair, brown eyes, and a large slightly upturned nose. They took their business into Interrogation.

"Two NCIS agents apprehended your client at the victim's house, " said Coleman, getting straight to business. "His DNA matched the rape kit. What defense could you possibly have?"

"A violation of Posse Comitatus, " responded Martin. "My client was physically assaulted by another sailor, a SEAL."

"Chief Petty Officer Gibbs prevented your client from evading arrest, he didn't place him under arrest."

Just then the older Gibbs walked in.

"Your client raped and murdered another sailor and resisted arrest, " said the agent, sitting down. "Violently."

"My client was invited into the deceased's home, it's a misunderstanding."

"If that's the case your client intended to fraternize with an officer." Said Coleman.

"He wasn't aware she was a Naval Officer and if so then Lieutenant Ballard should have recognized Niels as a fellow sailor."

"She tried to stop it, " said Gibbs. "Niels kept coming onto her."

. . .

Swarek was standing in the middle of the squad room when Jace and his teammates entered. Ziva, Tony, and McGee tried to stop the confrontation but they were overwhelmed. Holloway was the first to speak up.

"You've got a lot of nerve, Swarek!"

"I don't answer to you, Holloway." retorted Swarek.

"Another sailor is dead, " said Jace, there was nothing but venom in his voice. "Sir."

Jace addressed the officer with a dark undertone.

"She shouldn't have poked into my platoon's business."

"Because she was going to lock you up!" Said Reese. "We know about the hazing, you sent Niels on her because she was going to speak up!"

"Watch your tone!" Responded Swarek. "You all better show some respect or I'll—"

"You won't be doing anything!"

Everyone turned and saw Gibbs, Coleman, and Blackwell coming into the room.

"Until this investigation is done you and your platoon are confined to their quarters." said Gibbs "The only time you'll go out is for questioning right here."

"This is outrageous—"

"That's an order!" snapped Coleman. "Guards will be watching over all of you."

With that Swarek stormed out, nearly knocking over Agent Lee. She handed over the warrant for the necessary grounds and properties for search and seizure. Just then McGee got a call.

"Boss we've got a problem, Niels escaped from the hospital, " said the Computer expert. "He overpowered the agent watching him and took his weapon and car keys."