Chapter L; Good luck

Start from the beginning

Genevieve rests her head against the palm of her hand.

"Having fun?"

Seven turns her head to meet the green students eyes. She has a big smile over her face, and Genevieve can't help but smile too. The theater major giggles out her answer.

"Yup"

"You look beautiful"

Genevieve smiles shyly, a blush spreading across her cheeks. Cori looks over her body, staring into her gray eyes with her own focused ones.

"So do you, the both of you"

Cosima slithers her arm around Genevieve, kissing her neck lightly and smiling. The soft summer breeze flies through the window, creating an even warmer atmosphere. Outside, the birds are singing, the white pathways are worn out and dry, the sky is a fresh summer blue. In Cori's dorm, roses are planted outside. It's tradition that each senior plants their own rose for graduation. It's like planting your own hard work, and then harvesting the reward. Cosima planted her rose next to Cori's in the red leaders dorm, having grown a little distant from her own friends. It's a white rose, which she painted blue the day before.

Cori planted her rose as well as she could, and it now stands mighty under the sun, a perfect red color. Genevieve, through forgiveness, planted her rose at her own dorm. It's a luscious white rose which she didn't bother to paint green. She doesn't belong in any department. She hardly belongs at this school at all.

"What are we doing after graduation?"

Genevieve turns to the two taller girls and looks up at them with big sparkling eyes. Cori approaches the two girls, Cosima's arms snaked around Genevieve's waist and hugs them too. Cosima raises an eyebrow at the shorter girls question.

"I thought we decided? Me and Cori are coming over to your place and then we continue on from there, you know, with our plan"

Genevieve hastily nods. She has the attention of both leaders on her, and for the first time in a few weeks it feels intimidating. She always manages to feel smaller when Cori and Cosima stare her down like this, and she won't admit it, but it's kinda nice.

"Yeah I know, I meant right after. We only get to go home tomorrow"

Cosima glances at Cori with an expression Genevieve doesn't understand. She unknowingly ducks deeper into Cosimas grip and takes a deep breath of her perfume. It's calming, to say the least. Being able to acknowledge that the blue leader is there, just like she always has been. After a few silent seconds Cosima answers her vaguely.

"Me and Cori have something planned, I'll text you the address. Come there directly after graduation"

The green, blue and red departments have their graduations separately. With 24 thousand students, eight thousand per department and around 2,5 thousand graduates per department, they can't have it at the same place. The green department holds their graduation in the big theatre room, the red department holds theirs on a big field and the blue department in their auditorium. Each one is just big enough to fit all 2,5 thousand graduates, plus teachers and some other staff. Genevieve is thankful that she is now on good terms with her roommates, thankful that she is no longer being bullied, and thankful that school went by pretty well. Now she can graduate with a peaceful mind, and do the one thing she has been waiting for, for years.