Strawberry and Euphoria

Jungkook POV

They say, days are longer when you're in solitude but it felt like my week-long retreat comes faster than I expected. Yoongie hyung said I can extend my stay but I was so definite when I said I can't possibly do that.

But now, I want to stay here longer. Stay with my company. Who is currently unaware of my presence.

"Oh Kamjagiya!" Her wide-doll eyes looked me in shocked.

"You're too busy picking strawberries, I see? Didn't we just had our lunch earlier?"

She gave me a sassy glare. And hand me an empty basket.

"Why don't you just help me pick some more. I was planning a picnic near the lake with strawberries, chocolate fondue, cookies, coffee or tea, whatever floats my boat. But I already asked Ajumma, to prepare like chocolate fondue for sure. And we made a chocolate chip cookies earlier. I want you to try it too. Kook, can you play guitar?" I amusingly watched her rattle on stuff she wants to do.

I somehow imagined her being a good girlfriend. That guy must be so lucky. I feel jealous for that nonexistent man already. What am I thinking? Too much chocolate milk are not good for me, I should be back to my Banana milk. Which leads me to...

"Yep. I can play guitar. And could you add Banana milk too?" I told her casually as if it's the most normal thing we do.

"Nice! Nice! So you borrow Ajussi's guitar, I'll bring my ukulele then? Arasso? And yep, I already have your Banana milk ready, Koo. I was thinking, I've been giving you lots of chocolate milk lately. I'm pretty sure, your all time fave "banana milk" felt betrayed. Haha!"
She said as she grab my half-filled basket of strawberries.

"Okay this well do, Kook. Give me that. And see you before sunset. Don't be late."

She disappeared from my sight and still confused of what just happened. But somehow, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. So that's how it feels like to be taken cared of.

Lalisa Manoban, you're a walking trouble.

Lisa POV

I set up the picnic blanket near the lake beside a willow tree which Ajumma told me the oldest tree they planted.

I was planning of having this picnic by my own, like I usually do, but I want to thank Jungkook for keeping me company. And this is my way of showing my gratitude to him.

"Lali, here are the food you ordered. And of course, the cookies and chocolate fondue. Oh I see you got the freshly picked strawberries already. Do you need anything else? I'll just let my stuff set up the bonfire. Arasso?"
Ajumma beamed at me while helping me on setting things up.

"De, this is perfect. Would you like to join us, Ajumma?" I asked her politely.

"Ani... my husband and sons are waiting for me. Chef and other staff have to go home too. Night-duty staff are always around but I don't think they want to bother your date." She said humorously.

"Ajummaaaaa. Aniiiii!!! It's like a "thank you" gesture... "thank you" ajumma, "thank you". You know!" I stupidly explained to her my side as if it mattered to her.

"Arasso! Arasso! Aish! I loathe my husband for not giving me a daughter!" She jokingly pinched my cheek.

At exactly 4pm, a man wearing his infamous bunny smile with guitar in his hand sat beside me.
I was too busy strumming and singing to Taeyeon-sumbaenim's "ALL ABOUT YOU" that I never notice his arrival. I was in the middle of the song when I took notice of my silent audience.

"Please do continue." He said.

I never felt so conscious in my whole life but at the same time liberated by his encouragement. It's not like everyday, an international vocalist from a famous group would actually listen to me sing. Oh gosh! Sorry Chaeng, you're still my fave vocalist.

As the song ended, I never heard a response from Jungkook. I look at him and saw a dazed gaze from him.

"What do you think Sumbaenim?" I playfully asked him.

"That was beautiful. Why didn't you audition for vocalist? I'm lost for words. I mean you shouldn't hide that voice, Lis." He said overwhelmingly.

"Oh. Thanks for the compliment, Master Kook. But I'm fine with what people expected me to do best. Hmm yeah, I was also hoping that I could show the world that I can sing... better too." I heard my self spilling one of my insecurities to someone I barely know.

"Oh trust me, Lis. You can sing." His encouragement and flattery made my cheeks warm.

"Well. Thank you! But i'd like to have my free pass one-on-one concert now, if you don't mind, Mr. Jeon." I sassily said.

"So that's the reason why you invited me! Dang! I should charge you for this." He played along.

"Haha! Of course! Why do you think I let you borrow Ajussi's guitar then!" I look at him displaying those bunny smile.

"Okay then, which do you want me to play first?" He asked while tuning the guitar.

"Can you play 'Euphoria' for me, Kook?"

Hearing his voice this close gives me chills at the same time it gives me sense of peace, calmness, and Euphoria.