"Baby. We're gonna work on that. We will do like maybe a Lamaze class or
Something." He said.

"Whatever you'd like." I said.

"Well then more sex I heard helps." He said.

I gasped. "I'm in the car with my mother." I said.

"I know what you two do. Gon and make her feel better." My mom laughed.

He chuckled. "Hey Miss Smith." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright baby. I talk to you later." I said.

"Wait, no. We are having dinner. My parents house later on. Make sure you tell your mother and dad too" He said.

"Nicholas I thought that it was just us tonight." I said. "Finish what we started." I whispered the last part.

He groaned. "We will when we go home to our place after dinner. Promise."
He said.

I sighed. "Alright babe. Well I'll meet you at your parents. I'll bring my overnight bag and leave with you."
I said.

"That's great. Be careful driving baby. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I smiled.

We hung up the phone and I sighed. I want time with Nicholas alone, and the only way I'll get that is if we are at our home so I can't wait to move in.

"Ava where are you taking me?" My mom asked.

"To the shop. I've got two more orders they aren't delivery and I'm in need of some help."I spoke.

She nodded. "Alright. Let's go." She said.

"It's two cupcake orders, a cake and five cookie bouquets for a table. Anna and Tyla have already been assigned things to do. " I said

"It doesn't matter. We can do whatever." She said looking at my sonogram.

I smiled. "You excited?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. How about you mommy?" She asked.

"I'm excited and happy." I said.

She nodded. "I'm happy you're happy. You deserve it." She breathed out. "I just can't wait to spoil this little baby."

I laughed. "No. Nicholas says that although we have money he doesn't want the kids to be spoiled." I said.

"Kids?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Kids when we have more." I smiled.

She looked over me as I drove. "You're really in love with him." She stated

I nodded. "I am. He makes me happy and secure." I explained.

"I'm so happy that he's come into. Your life. " She said.

I nodded. "Me too."

We made the rest of our way to the shop talking and chatting. Once we got to the shop I smiled going in.

"Hello beautiful people." I said.

"Hey baby." Tyla kissed my cheek and Anna waved at me engrossed with her Frozen themed cake she's been working on.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good. You?" She asked.

"Great and relaxed. I got another ultrasound done. Isn't that baby cute." I smiled.

"Aww." She said "can I keep this one?" She asked.

I nodded my head looking around my shop. One woman sat at a table.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Ani. She wanted to speak to you." Tyla informed me.

I nodded. I poured us both tea and a few donuts.

"Hello." I said.

She smiled lightly and looked up. "Hello Ava."

I sat down. "So you wanted to talk?" I asked.

She nodded. "What happened?" She asked.

"Do you really want to hear this? In your condition?" I asked.

She nodded. "If you don't tell me no one can and I will drive my own self crazy." She said.

I nodded sighing. "Derrick and I met in college and when we moved I together he became abusive and mean and cruel. At one point I was pregnant for him and he beat me until I had a miscarriage. He was mentally and physically, hell emotionally abusive and overwhelming. I couldn't take it no more and I left after a hospital visit. I-I um moved on with my now boyfriend and father of my child. When Derrick heard our conversation, he got upset and when you left he pushed me and I couldn't just not let Nicholas know. Nicholas and his brothers confronted Derrick the night of your wedding and I guess things got so bad and I don't know what happened between them but he was arrested at your wedding. I'm sorry, I know it must have been hard for you to watch. You and the children." I said.

She nodded. "He hit you." She said shaking her head. "When we made love he'd say your name. I should have known it was you. You're Ava. Your name should be etched in my brain and memory FORVER." She chuckled."Before and during the time when this baby was made, he didn't say it anymore. I guess because it was all over." She said.

"Did he hurt you too?" I asked.

She looked at me and I knew the answer.

"You know you can testify, get a restraining order and start your life over." I said holding her hand.

She snatched her hand away. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"We both know what I'm talking about." I said.

"He said you'd say that." She shook her head.

"Ani, you're a beautiful smart woman I'm sure. You can start again." I said.

"No. No I can't. I'm not you and I have four children with this man. Four. What will they think if I just left whether him being in jail or not I as his wife and his children's mother, I have to be here for him." She said.

"I was with him for seven years. Seven. He hurt you and he hurt me too in numerous ways. You still want to be with him and fight for him? You should want better for you and your children." I spoke.

"I was with him since high school. Your seven years mean nothing to me. I'm not leaving. I'm not you. I can't I have four children. I can't just pack up and leave. Three sets of eyes will look up at me and say where is daddy, one set will say who is my daddy if I leave. They will not look at you, I am not you." She said grabbing her bag and cup of tea.

Before she walked out she turned back to me. "I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm not strong enough. I wish you and your new family the best." She said and walked out.

I sighed a tear rolling down my eye. The same kids that she's trying so hard to save and spear the hurt and trauma of her and him breaking up will possibly experience another pain, deeper than mommy and daddy not being together anymore. Daddy killing mommy, would be far more painful and unbearable

A/N

Hey y'all! This chapter was something. Please try and keep an open mind to this sensitive topic. I know it's hard to deal with and to some of you, you may take it to heart. Your story is your testimony and if this is the type of relationship you are in, no matter your circumstances you can get out. I love y'all so much.

Listen to the Song in the Multi Media, Jazmine Sullivan's Call Me Guilty.

50 comments!

Dream