writing anal? read this.

hello, lads, ladies and theybies. this is the ass chapter, so buckle up.

i already talked a bit about the ass (namely, the prostate) in a previous chapter, so this is just going to be some stuff relating to how to write ass stuff.

some beginning tips:

- if your characters, of any sex, are doing anal play, they have to use lube, and about a bucket of it, too. i can't stress enough how important and necessary lube is. the ass doesn't lubricate itself, sorry everyone! you NEED to have lube involved, because it is extremely painful and dangerous to not use it. this is just basic good practice. DO NOT have anyone go "ah, whatever" and just shove something in someone's ass. because, like i said previously, that can cause a lot of pain and is good for no one!! always use lube! always prep! fingering! rimming! all that exists and can be hot either as foreplay or as the main event! don't be afraid to write that!

- the ass being played with should be clean. i'm not even joking about this one. no, you don't have to write an enema scene, in fact i don't even encourage it. but you should be aware of how to properly have anal sex ANYWAY so that you know how it actually works and can write it well.

- stop using weird stuff as lube. i am not joking. sauces from your kitchen are not lube. butter isn't lube. water isn't lube. LUBE is lube. please. write that.

- this isn't even an ass tip, it's just a thing in general: if your characters are having sex REGARDLESS OF THE SEX ACTS OR SEXES OF ANY PARTIES, have them practice safe sex. you can still get stds from anal. you can still get stds from blowjobs. have them wear condoms until they can get tested and know that they're clean from stds and weird stuff. then- go nuts! it's a tiny detail, having your characters wear condoms, but it makes the biggest difference.

how to work up to fingering/sex (the short way):

ah, foreplay! how do you do that? well, i'm not here to tell you! i'm here to tell you how to work up to it. however, i will say this on fingering- go slowly. there. that's the tip. figure it out, y'all, i'm not an ass master. 

most sex scenes will have a natural buildup- we can't just go from making out in the car to two fingers deep, that's just jarring and doesn't put anybody in the mood. yes, i'll have a whole chapter on foreplay explaining more, but here are the basics: 

1. kissing/light touching 

2. more heavy touching (e.g. grinding, fondling. also consent is super important and is usually established around here) 

3. clothes come off 

4. prep 

5. sex! in whatever form it might present itself in your fic. 

seriously, prep (which can be hot in its own right) and consent are probably the most important steps. DON'T SKIP THEM. 

i hope this chapter was helpful! if there's anything you want to see in a future chapter or cleared up in this one, or if you have questions, drop them in the comments as usual. love ya <3 

xxx adam