part 14: the only other way 🖤

i'm posting quite a lot recently. hehe

everyone sat on blaises bed while me and draco sat on his. i was thinking of all of the things i did with him while under a spell. i started to cry. draco cuddled me, it was gentle as he was still in pain.
"i'm sorry guys" i manage to say while sobbing.

"hey. hey it's okay it isn't your fault. shh"
he stormed my hair while holding me in his chest.
"if anything y/n. we should be sorry, we were all horrible to you when we thought that you- you know with him before. we had no idea it was the love potion." hermione speaks softly
"y/n can i ask you a question?"  ron asks
"go ahead" i reply
"when did he give you the potion?"

"uhm i cannot remember."
"it's fine"
i have no idea when he would've given me the potion. it could've been at anytime,

draco says his goodbyes and goes to the hospital won't because we could not get the glass out of his skin. me hermione and pansy go to my dorm to talk.
"so.." i start, i need to ask them an important question.
"yes?"
"i could be completely overthinking this.. and being utterly stupid, but i remember draco kissing me- and he got into arguments with mattheo for me and i just- i get cut off by pansy.
"if you think he likes you your answer is yes"
"what do you think about that y/n?" hermione questions

"well, i mean we are best friends. i'd never thought of him in that sort of way..."
i felt bad, all this time he'd liked me.
" when we found out you were on a love potion we found out that there was only two things that could break the spell."  hermione assured me
"and that is?"

"well if it could have worn off like it did to you. and there was another one, which is why draco kissed you.. if your true love kisses you on the lips you'd be set free from the spell. and that's why he did so.y/n i don't just think he likes you. i think he loves you..." she continued
pansy then explained.
"he thought there was a chance that you two could be soulmates, live together. be together. live your best lives together, and a kiss from you could possibly give all of that to him. he would've done it. and he did... he was horrified when he found out that was not going to happen. i think it crushed him a little you know.?"

"oh, how am i supposed to tell him that i only want to be best friends?" i ask. not knowing what to do.
"i think you need to tell him, but in the nicest way possible. tell him the truth, how you feel. and that you'll always be the best of friends."

meanwhile with the boys...
dracos pov:

once they clean up my face in the hospital wing i decide to head back in my dorm. i walk in and see only harry, ron and blaise are there none of the girls. i sit down and ask
"where did y/n- i mean the girls go?"
"they went to y/ns dorm to have a girls chat.. whatever that is" ron explains
"oh okay."
"what's wrong mate?" blaise said
i reply with
"well i want to know how y/n feels about me, and i don't want it to be awkward if she doesn't feel the same. so maybe if we could just be best friends again? would that make sense?"

"yes, that would make sense, you wouldn't want to ruin your friendship. i've seen how close you two are" harry replied
"thankyou all, i'm going to go tell her i won't be long." 
i swing open the door, walking toward y/ns dorm. her door also swings open with her walking toward me. she smiles and i smile back. she runs toward me for a hug as i put my arms out. we get to eachother and give one another a huge cuddle.

"draco, i know you might like me. a lot has happened in the past few weeks but can we go back to being bestfriends? i don't want anything in between our friendship i hope you understand" she says at the same time as me saying
"hey y/n you might know i do kind of like you. but alot has happened in the past few weeks and i want to forget about it and be bestfriends again. i don't want it to be awkward and ruin the friendship."

our words jumble up together. we were both out of breath from saying all of that together in one go. we catch our breath and hug eachother again. laughing at how we spoke at the same time.
i look around us to see all of y/ns friends surrounding us.
harry
ron
hermione
pansy
blaise
the griffindors don't seem too bad. well i think now we are friends, we've been through a lot with them. they all pull in for a group hug. until we all fall to the floor. laughing.

meanwhile with mattheo:

i wake up from being on the floor in the great hall by myself, urgh. they took her, i immediately stand up. wipe the blood off my face as i walk back to my dorm, i grab my knife and apparatus back to my mansion...

bellatrix lestrange was not my mother, although everyone thought she was, i didn't know my mother. but i know she's dead, when i had a conversation with bellatrix about y/n and how i liked her she told me to use the love potion. it didn't fucking work. she'll have to lay for it...

she was always in my house, doing dirty work for my father. so i knew she'd be there.
i say hello to my father
"yeah i'm going to need bella for 10 teeny minutes."
i grab her by her neck and shove her into an empty room.
i grip my knife while looking at her,
"right you little bitch, your little advice didn't go as planned, i'm gonna need a plan b before i cut your throat off."
she seemed intrigued.
"oh boy, it didn't? well then your doomed, there would only be one other way. it doesn't really  suit you and you wouldn't like it." she cackled
" just. fucking. tell. me." i demand. holding the knife up to her neck.

"okay okay, the one other way to win this girls heart is to be-.....

gonan end it on a cliffhanger cuz why not 🤷‍♀️ don't forget to vote. happy pride month 🌸❤️