Part 17: So Sure

Author Notes - at the end - but can I just say...I am soooooooo sorry for the long wait. Really, really sorry. x

_____________________________________

As the movie credits began to roll up the screen, Gary sighed "Actually, that was a pretty decent film!" he remarked with surprise.

"Mmm" Robbie agreed beside him.

Gary turned to his companion with a smile – "Did you even watch it?"

Robbie tried to look scandalised at Gary's assumption, but couldn't be bothered.

"Well, how good I concentrate on it with you here beside me" he reasoned, "and more precisely you having held my hand throughout – in PUBLIC!"

Gary felt his face flush. He looked around at the practically empty theatre, and considered how Robbie was actually really cute sometimes. "We are on the back row of a dark cinema screen and there's only about six other people in here" he said.

"Three now", Robbie corrected as he scouted the now nearly empty theatre himself. "So what we gonna do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't wanna go home yet".

"What do you wanna do then?"

"Go back to yours?"

Gary heaved a sigh. "Rob –"

"I'm not saying we have to 'do' anything but I've missed this – I've missed you. I just wanna spend some time with you s'all".

When Rob spoke like that it really made Gary's heart flutter. Such sweet words said so matter-of-factly that Gary imagined not even Robbie realised how sweet they were. Besides all that, even in the darkness of the cinema, Gary could see Robbie's puppy eyes shinning. 'Why did Robbie always do that?' He wondered. Likely because it always worked.

"Me too", Gary agreed. He then exhaled slowly as he thought for a moment. Biting his lip, he looked over at Robbie again, especially at those pleading eyes. "Oh fine!" he finally gave in, "But I'll leave first and then you follow a little while after me".

"Why the fuck –"

"Because, there could be paps out there you idiot!" Gary rebuked, "I'm sure those lads in the Gents recognised us".

"The Paparazzi have better things to do, Gaz"

"They really don't. Howard said they live by the slogan of Guinness – good things comes to those who wait!"

"Howard's as over cautious, as you are – theirs no chance they're waiting for us".

You don't know that!" Gary told him, "What if photos appear in the rags, how we gonna explain that to the lads, huh?!"

"You worry too much". Robbie shrugged.

"You don't worry enough!"

"Nah, the its just the drugs take the worries away!", Robbie smirked.

Gary rolled his eyes, but said nothing further. He didn't like talking about drugs.

Robbie however, could tell Gary wasn't budging and on this occasion wasn't going to be won over by his cheeky smile, "Fine – we'll do it your way" he said resignedly with a roll his eyes.

Gary was elated, and stood up to move past Robbie. They were now the only two left and the movie credits were near their end. "Wait a few moments ok?" Gary swiftly whispered, "My car's in the car park around the back – meet me there".