Chapter Seven:

A short message from the author (content warning): Now, I know it may not come across as a big deal to most, I would just like to ask that you proceed the end of this chapter with caution if you are sensative in matters of phycal violence/abuse. What is written is minor and not in great depth, but I feel it should be addressed for those that it may bother. As with every chapter thus far, this one is rated R.

Real Quick: I struggled with this chapter, I really did. For some reason, things feel like they just don't fit right. I feel that it seems a bit broken. Unfortunately, I exhausted myself struggling to make this one at least somewhat enjoyable. My plan is to get out the next two or three chapters and then go back and make some changes to this one. If anyone has suggestions or ideas, I am all ears. Hell, let me know if it flows or if it seems choppy.

And One Last Thing (This is it, I pomise!): A serious thank you to everyone who has read, voted or commented. I would just like to say that this is an honest to God first for me. Almost 1,000 reads. I know for most of you that isn't a terribly big number, but this is the piece I am most proud of. All that you guys do helps me keep them comin'!

-LostInSilence

The car was once more filled with a heavy silence as they drove through the curving roads. On either side of them were trees beyond trees, flowing up into the mountains as they reached for the heavens. It was a truly breath taking site.

“Are you sure you're on bored with this?” Jude's voice broke the silence, “I told you that we could spend one more night in town,” Gods, he didn't want to come across strong.

Sadie laid her head back against the rest, eying the ceiling with scrutiny, “And I told you that this is the best idea. I don't like it, but I feel like it needs to be done. If we stay in my apartment, someone is going to find me and it isn't going to take long,”

Jude let out a curse as he rounded a sharp corner. He was running out of argument.

“Give it up Jude, please. You're not going to change my mind,” Crossing her arms over her chest, Sadie tilted her head to stare out the window. She needed more time than she had to deal with this. There was a constant back and forth of internal conflict.

Letting out a soft breath, Sadie closed her eyes, settling into the seat.

Where had the shy, almost skittish girl in the restaurant gone? She seemed to be back and forth. One minute, she was fighting for what she wanted and then the next she was giving in without a word.

Eyes focused on the dark road ahead, Jude licked his lips before he spoke, “He wasn't easy on you,” The comment was more a statement than a question.

Startled, Sadie's eyes snapped open, arms jerking out to grab the edges of the seat as she practically flung herself forward, “Where the good fuck did that come from?”

Panic had her in an uproar. Something about his words struck something long locked away. She tried to slow her breathing and listen as the silence tried to suck them back under, “Why would you bring that up? Really? At a time like this?” She was frazzled.

“I'm sorry, it just sort of all hit me at once,” He paused, as if trying to figure out just how to word his thoughts. “You're here, but you aren't here. One minute, you're calm and collected, aware. The next, you're a mess. Caught between wanting to submit and wanting to fight,” His grip tightened on the steering wheel as he thought about the life she'd had. Thought about the life his sister must have had.

She was stunned, her lips parted as her breath caught. Sadie had no idea how to respond what he'd just voiced. That just wasn't fair. He shouldn't have brought up such an ugly thing at such an unsteady time.