Chapter Nine:

Alright everyone, sorry again that I disappeared. Life has been doing this really hardcore up and down thing where one minute everything is fine and dandy then the next it is exploding.

Needless to say.

I am still working extremely hard to keep this going. I am most proud of this book and really want to see it become so much more. So once more, I thank everyone who has read, voted and even left a comment. You guys are amazing.

Thankyousofuckingmuch.

-LostInSilence

“Do you plan on just waltzing in there and demanding that they help you locate her?” Nickolas paused, then added with haste, “Because you do realize the minute they find out that you're trying to kidnap a slave from her master they are going to laugh at you,”

“Or lock me in a cell,” Was Jude's muttered response as he took the next left.

Nickolas' face fell as he turned toward the other man, “You work for them?”

“I manage security,”

“Seriously? They are a bunch of bastards,”

Jude choked on a laugh, “It was work for them or face the executioner. I've been dealing with them much longer than I'd like to remember,”

Nickolas shook his head, “Neither here nor there. I'm just wondering what you have planned,”

“Nick, I have friends in very high and very low place,” He cocked his head and raised an eyebrow before turning his attention back to the road ahead.

“What the hell did you do?'

“Save it for a rainy day man, it's a long story,”

“Alright, since you're so forthcoming, what's the plan?”

“I told you, I've got friends,”

Nickolas sat back in his seat with a scowl plaster to his face. His sisters life was in the mix and he was in the dark. He was not enjoying himself.

Not one fucking bit.

Jude rounded another corner and pulled into a small parking lot at the back of a very discrete building. With a flick of his wrist, he killed the engine and pushed open the door.

Turning toward Nickolas, he couldn't help but stare as he realized just how much the two resembled each other. If you put them next to each other, they could have been mistaken for twins.

“What?” Nickolas muttered, raising his eyes from the ground toward Jude.

Jude blinked, “Nothing,”

“Right, so you weren't just staring at me,”

“No idea what you're talking about,” Jesus, they were so much alike.

Nickolas scowled harder, running a hand through his hair.

“Just follow me and if someone stops to ask questions, don't say a word,”

Nickolas bit back a snark remark and followed Jude out into the cold night.

_____

Heavy hands shook her shoulders, causing her head to bounce against something hard and hollow. With a curse, she forced her eyes open, only to scurry backward when she came face to face with Kade.

Kade said nothing as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her aching body up from the cot. She made a pained sound in protest, but Kade continued dragging her as she stumbled, to the open door of her holding cell.