𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐

Start from the beginning

Vanya opened the barn's heavy door, and as we all got in, we saw an amazing and also bizarre scene. A little blonde boy was floating in the middle of the barn, as an "energy barrier" circled around him and he shook violently. We all had to cover our eyes for a moment because of the sudden stronger wind. It seemed like that boy, probably named Harlan, was the source for all the unnatural stuff going on outside.

_"Harlan?! Harlan, It's Vanya! Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you! I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?!"-Vanya looked at Sissy for a confirmation, since Harlan couldn't really answer her and just kept gasping. Sissy nodded, and Vanya let herself activate her powers, her eyes turning into that white shiny void. She stepped inside Harlan's barrier, not being affected by it at all.

Me, Five and our siblings watched as she slowly approached the boy, but my attention accidentally drifted somewhere else. I saw Klaus slowly moving away from the group, looking outside the barn by a crack on the wall. I let go of Five's hand, him not immediately realizing that since he was paying close attention to his sister. I went behind Klaus, and peeked from his back to see two people standing quite far in the distance. I furrowed my brows, and widened my eyes when I recognized one of the figures. It was The Handler.

_"Uh...Guys?"

_"We might have another problem!"-Me and Klaus exclaimed for our siblings to come and see. They all walked to us, Five right behind me, grabbing my shoulders to peek forward as well.

_"Ah, shit."

_"What? Who are they?"

_"One's The Handler, the other's Diego's girlfriend."

_"Oh my god, that's Lila?!"-I raised my voice, looking at Diego with shock. She honestly looked badass.

_"Yes. That's my ex-girlfriend."

_"You know what? Doesn't matter. They both look angry."-Luther commented, getting a bit worried.

_"Yeah."

_"Yeah, well, our brother has that effect on people."-I snickered discretely at what Allison said, and turned my head the opposite way so Diego wouldn't see me.

_"All right, I'm gonna go find our what they want. You guys stay here with Vanya and the kid."-Five said, and I didn't even need to think to decide I was coming with him.

_"I'm coming with you, too. Come on."-Diego said, and both of them started walking away. I trailed behind them quickly, and Five only realized that once we were out of the barn already. He stopped walking, making Diego do the same, and looked at me.

_"Okay, no, Y/n. Go back inside."-He said sternly at me, and I furrowed my brows.

_"I'm coming with you."

_"No, no you're not. You know quite well that The Handler is dangerous, and Lila isn't an easy enemy either. You're going back."-He reached to grab my shoulders, but I stepped back before he could touch me. He narrowed his eyes.

_"You really need to stop treating me like a child, Five. I'm literally the same age as Diego, so why can't I go like him?"-The boy sighed and pulled me by my hand, a bit further from Diego, so now he couldn't hear us. I caught a glance of him rolling his eyes, though.

_"Because I don't want you to, okay? I don't know if I can protect you if something happens."

_"And what makes you think I need your protection?"

_"You know, some of the experiences of last week made that quite clear to me."-He said in a sarcastic tone, that made me roll my eyes.

_"It was last week for you. It's been months to me. Months that made me change some things about myself. I'm prepared for this. I can take care of my own ass, Five. Now, pull your head out of yours and let's just...please end this already."-Five gulped and clenched his jaw, still not seeming to accept my idea.